Additional Information Accounts Payable Clerk
Job Number 23040359
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes. Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information. Classify, code, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers. Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified. Audit cashier banks periodically according to SOPs. Maintain, distribute, and record petty cash, cashier banks, and contracts. Document, maintain, communicate, and act upon all Cash Variances according to SOPs. Act as liaison between property and armored car service or primary banking institution. Participate in internal, external, and regulatory audit processes and ensure compliance with SOPs.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets; protect the privacy and security
of the guests and coworkers. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette; ensure that coworkers understand their tasks. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports – 0
- Titles of Direct Reports – N/A
- At least 1 year of related work experience
- No supervisory experience is required
Skills and Knowledge
- Analytical Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Personal Attributes
- General Finance and Accounting
Education or Certification
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Obtain all invoices from Receiving Clerk, ensuring all prices and quantities agree with purchase order amount.
- Verify proper codes and signatures of appropriate Executive Committee Members & Department Head on all invoices.
- Prepare accounts payable vouchers and printing checks/wire transfers and supporting documents.
- Maintain a Cheque Register and Void Cheques Register and any other register needed for the operation and the audit purposes.
- Ensure all invoices and supporting documents are stamped with “PAID” .
- Support and perform the month end function with Accounts Payable Officer.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Accounting Manager and/or Financial Controller.
- Reconcile the outstanding Cheques and supplier statements.
- Participate in the Quality improvement process.
- Maintain a close relationship with other department heads.
- Maintain all the backups related to the receivable in a separate file.
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Record, store, and/or analyze information using property software.
- Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.