GEMS World Academy is looking to appoint an Admissions Secretary for an immediate start.
Organise and manage the admission procedures of students in order to maintain school-specific enrolment budget consistently throughout the academic year. Ensuring all students are registered in accordance with the GEMS Enrolment Process and the specific governing body (such as KHDA).
- Support the school Registrar by meeting with prospective parents to explain admission procedures, curriculum, fee structure, and regulations in order to ensure prospective parents enroll their children at the school.
- As directed by the Registrar, maintain an accurate record of all places available at the school and an up-to-date waiting list that details students who wish to be enrolled and have passed any necessary placement tests. Registrars should aim to have 50 students per year group, fully assessed waiting to be placed.
- Update, maintain, and manage the student information OASIS database, including all non-mandatory fields, ensuring that up-to-date information is available on a daily basis.
- Support the Registrar to ensure annual enrolment processes such as; the re-enrolment process, Parent
- School Contract and registration of students is completed within the agreed timetable.
- Work closely with the Government Relations Executive (GRE) to ensure all Transfer Certificates received for new students meet the requirements of the governing body, students are registered in a timely fashion, outgoing TCs are processed efficiently and visa and passport information is up to date continuously throughout the academic year.
- Follow-up all outstanding offers, respond to inquiries by phone and mail, book and carry out assessments of students within agreed timeframes providing high-quality customer service throughout the process.
- Maintain and create files for all new applicants, new students, current students, exiting students, and alumni and complete all exit documentation for students withdrawing from the school.
- Be fully versed in all the rules and regulations of the Ministry of Education and other relevant governing bodies (SEZ, KHDA, ADEC) to ensure compliance during the admission process.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times and ensure all audit items are addressed in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct and dotted reporting line managers/supervisors.
- A college Degree from a reputed university is desirable (BA or BSc)
- A minimum of two years in a customer service-focused role.
- Proven success with meeting sales targets is mandatory; the ability to influence the team to deliver quality results and meet sales targets consistently is critical.
- Relationship management experience – able to build and influence professional relationships with peer groups as well as the parental community.
- Effective communicator (written and spoken)
- Interpersonal skills, able to operate in a diverse environment
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Solid time management skills – Ability to multi-task and cope with peaks of demand
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office and able to utilize technology well to present facts to the management.
- Able to manage a diverse team’s performance and relationships.
- Analytical Thinking
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced check.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate including a competitive salary, medical and life insurance, working permit and residence visa, flight allowance, tuition fee concession, 52 days yearly annual leave and other benefits in line with the UAE Labour Law.
If you meet the criteria and are enthusiastic about working in an educational environment we encourage you to apply.
Please ensure you have uploaded an up-to-date CV, formal letter of application and recent photograph.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- About GEMS
Trusted for over 60 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 170,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division.
- About the School
The International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes are at the heart of GEMS World Academy and are internationally renowned as rigorous and challenging courses in which students develop rapidly both personally and academically. The IB Programme is widely considered the gold standard of education, and GEMS World Academy is looking for talented and innovative individuals to join our highly successful team of over 136 teachers, 80 teaching assistants and 44 administrative and support staff and to contribute to the already successful outcomes for our community. GEMS World Academy-Dubai (GWA) is a private, co-educational IB World School for PreK to Grade 12 students. Established in 2008 as a member of GEMS Education, the Academy is authorised to deliver the PYP, MYP, DP and CP programmes, and is also accredited by the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). We serve a multi-ethnic community in the heart of Dubai. Our ethos is grounded in the IB Learner Profile; we encourage intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and foster a real sense of communal endeavour. The Academy has gained national and international recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, as well as its aspirational and inclusive vision. As a member of the GWA community you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy whilst working alongside an exceptionally talented group of teachers and leaders.
For further details about GEMS World Academy, Dubai please visit: https://www.gemsworldacademy-dubai.com
To learn more please visit http://www.gemsworldacademy-dubai.com/
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
2. Passport-size photograph
About GEMS Education
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.