This is a fantastic opportunity for ambitious teachers to start or continue their international career with a leading global company and world class international school located in this beautiful Emirate. Due to the continued success of the school and significant roll growth, we are looking for passionate, dynamic colleagues who are ambitious to join a company in GEMS Education that has an enviable reputation for outstanding education, and a school that will continue to grow to meet our community’s needs.
In return for your energy, resilience and experience, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact on a developing community. You will work with the UAE’s largest and most successful education company in GEMS, which will support your professional and career development, and you will work with a supportive Senior Leadership Team at WSF who will help you develop your potential.
Academic and Pastoral Responsibilities:
• Delivering effective student-centred lessons in a well-planned, vibrant learning environment
• Supporting and liaising closely with middle leaders, SENCO, administrators and other teachers
• Work directly with other teachers to improve and develop skills, knowledge and pedagogy so that student outcomes are improved.
• Effective contribution to team planning
• Work directly with Section/Key Stage Leaders and Heads of Department to support the improvement of academic standards in every section of the school
• Contribute to the Quality Assurance programme for parent engagement to ensure outstanding standards in parent communication and engagement
• Be familiar with the UAE framework for teaching to ensure a minimum standard of “good” teaching in all lessons
• Use and welcome mentoring/coaching methods to develop reflective practice and encourage the use of new learning strategies
• Conduct supportive peer lesson observations and help to set up actions plans as required
• Play an active role in the teaching, learning and assessment quality assurance process as appropriate and when required
• In a school where the majority (80%) of teaching colleagues are not UK-trained, all UK-trained teachers recruited are expected to be lead practitioners and contribute to school and colleague development accordingly, sharing resources, strategies and best practice as and when appropriate
• Attend internal and external events, take part in peer reviews, and be proactive in developing own continuous professional development
• Identify areas of good practice and develop and share resources as exemplars
• Develop, promote and involve teaching staff in creative initiatives to share good practice
• Ensure that observation outcomes inform appraisal action plans
• Monitor and drive improvements in the quality of written (marking) and verbal feedback to learners
• Ensure that the curriculum is supported and underpinned by effective schemes of work and well-differentiated planning of lessons
• Ensure that all documentation supporting teaching, learning and assessment (schemes of work, lesson plans etc.) meets the standards laid down by GEMS and WSF
• Promote and model the Code of Conduct and GEMS Core Values
• Undertake other professional duties as reasonably delegated by Line Manager (LM) such as: teaching, recruitment, cover, after-school duty, ASP, MOE formalities, covering for LM when absent, inspection preparation, SEF, SDP, etc.
• Promote the school positively with community and GEMS while maintaining complete confidentiality
• Respect local culture, customs and laws
• Meet deadlines as requested by LM
• Contribute to the development of teaching and learning, focusing on pedagogy, standards and progress
• Ensure academic excellence in internal and external assessments as appropriate.
• Contribute to the professional development programme to ensure high quality learning and teaching
• Promote the school to all stakeholders and the wider community.
• Follow, support and help to develop all of the School’s aims, its vision, improvement plans, policies and practices.
The successful applicant will have the following:
• A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
• A specific qualification relating to the teaching of Arabic for native speakers
• The desire to provide Outstanding teaching and learning
• Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
• At least 2 years of post-qualifying experience
- GEMS WSF will offer a competitive, tax-free remuneration package to a suitably qualified candidate.
- About GEMS
Trusted for over 60 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 170,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division.
- About the School
GEMS Winchester School Fujairah (WSF), delivering the British Curriculum, was founded in September 2016. Housed in a purpose-built, state-of-the-art campus with excellent facilities, WSF has grown at a rapid rate to meet the needs of a local Emirati and International ex-patriate community. As an all-through school from Pre-KG (FS1) to A Levels, our number on roll exceeds 2000 students.
GEMS has a world-class reputation for outstanding education and our school serves Fujairah, the premier city on the beautiful eastern coast of the UAE. The WSF school mission is to establish a child-centered learning environment that will allow all students to reach their full potential, and to become the school of choice in Fujairah, meeting the needs and aspirations of all of our learners and families.
Fujairah is just over an hour from Dubai and sits at the foot of the Hajar Mountains facing the Indian Ocean. The beautiful coastline and spectacular scenery make Fujairah a popular destination for cyclists, water sports enthusiasts and visitors alike. Its large port, one of the deepest in the world, attracts many international businesses and trade is growing rapidly. Fujairah is now rivalling other famous UAE destinations as an exciting modern city with a vibrant economy and culture.
Teachers can enjoy a healthy balance to life, with numerous modern malls, cinemas, bars and restaurants, with beautiful beaches and resorts to match all budgets within a short drive. For those that enjoy a lower cost of living and a quieter pace of life, Fujairah is a wonderful place to live and work, with the benefit of having Dubai and its many international concerts, activities, facilities and events so close by.
To learn more please visit http://www.gemswinchesterschool-fujairah.com/
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
2. Passport-size photograph
About GEMS Education
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.