Job Number 22123487
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Entry level management position that is responsible for the daily operations of Banquets. Position assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards, assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods and supervises banquet, where applicable. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable to ensure standards and legal obligations are followed.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
· A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
· Number of Direct Reports – 2
· Titles of Direct Reports – Manager, Director of Events Management
· Minimum of 2-year experience in food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area within a five star hotel
Skills and Knowledge
· Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
· Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words.
· Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Basic Computer Skills – Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, Internet browsers, etc.).
· Economics and Accounting – Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data. Using mathematics to solve problems.
· Analytical/Critical Thinking – The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
· Originality – The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
· Adaptability – Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
· Aligning Performance for Success – Skilled at focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
· Building a Successful Team – Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
· Building Trust – Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
· Customer Focus – Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers’ needs.
· High Work Standards – Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
· Planning and Organizing – Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
· Problem Solving/Decision Making – Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
Education or Certification
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
· Meets and greets guests, Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
· Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
· Ensures all associates have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
· Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
· Handles associate questions and concerns and Supervises daily shift operations.
· Handles guest problems and complaints, seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
· Monitors associates to ensure performance expectations are met.
· Provides feedback to associates based on observation of service behaviours.
· Strives to improve service performance.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
· Supervises Banquets and all related areas in the absence of the Banquet Manager.
· Communicates to Chef and Banquet Manager any issues regarding food quality and service levels.
· Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
· Ensures compliance with all banquet policies, standards and procedures.
· Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
· Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
· Performs all duties of banquet associates and related departments as necessary.
· Supervises on-going training initiatives and uses all available on the job training tools for associates.
· Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
· Coaches and counsels associates regarding performance on an on-going basis.
This list is meant to be representative of the common responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not exhaustive. Management reserves the right to revise this job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Safety and Security
· Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
· Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
· Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
· Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
· Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
· Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
· Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
· Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
· Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
· Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
· Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
· Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
· Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
· Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
· Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
· Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
· Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
· Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
· Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
· Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
· Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.