Job Requisition ID: 138941
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
The purpose of this role is to provide process improvement, process digitisation and process governance expertise to drive operational excellence within the Al-Futtaim Automotive division. The responsibilities include comprehensively evaluating business architecture and capabilities, data gathering and analysis, identifying best practices around that capability or researching where applicable, process mapping using a BPM application, designing optimised processes, developing performance metrics, obtaining leadership or stakeholder agreement, implementing improvements and monitoring post-implementation process performance.
What you will do:
• Manage comprehensive end-to-end strategic process improvement initiatives to deliver process simplification, re-engineering, digitisation and automation using methods like Lean Six Sigma, Design Thinking, Value Stream Analysis etc. that drive customer experience, innovation, growth,efficiency and effectiveness.
• Understand the company’s operating model and commercial objectives and map the business architecture translating it into a scalable organisation design and standardised business processes.
• Analyse existing “as-is” processes leveraging different techniques and methods, including documenting the existing state.
• Lead the design and realisation phases of business process related projects by designing business processes against leading international standards (benchmarks), by managing change and organisational impact and delivering significant, measurable and sustainable business improvement results.
• Lead analysis of business performance results, customer feedback, audit reports, and any other business data to identify major business improvement opportunities and mobilise transformational business process improvement projects.
• Lead performance analysis and business review sessions to identify and prioritise major business improvement opportunities.
• Mobilise transformational business process improvement programs by formulating business cases, building executive sponsorship and mobilising project teams with the necessary skillsets to manage and execute the program.
• Support transformation project delivery by driving the process analysis, design, requirements identification and post-implementation review phases whilst coordinating with other project workstreams.
• Gather requirements and use cases from SME’s using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
• Validate process improvement post-implementation to review new procedure compliance and identify further opportunities for process optimisation.
• Support the digital transformation program by identifying and prioritising automation and digitisation use cases within existing processes.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with Digital and IT teams to define and implement system solutions.
• Support agile delivery squads with user story, acceptance criteria and definition of done documentation based on identified process improvement opportunities.
• Document policies and procedures as per division standards.
• Identify areas of opportunity within existing processes.
• Conduct process audits to identify non-conformities.
• Provide process insights and reporting to process owners for effective decision making.
Required skills and experience to be successful:
• Undergraduate bachelor’s degree in engineering, Business or Science.
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification (or equivalent).
• Agile Scrum Master / Product Owner.
• Masters or MBA will be an asset.
• ISO certification experience will be advantage.
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
• 5+ years hands-on experience in a project management, business process analysis and/or continuous improvement.
• 5+ years’ experience in the Automotive industry with at least 2 years at a junior/middle management level.
• Knowledge in process modelling and maintenance within BPM applications, preferably IBM Blueworks Live.
• Experience in operational/team leadership, process improvement and change leadership.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully leading process improvement projects/programs within an Automotive Operational environment.
• Must have Microsoft Office skills. Experience of SAP will be an advantage.
• Understanding of automation technologies such as RPA and AI.
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers – right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
About Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles. Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the automotive, finance, retail, and real estate industries, and we are now 42,000 people strong.