Amazon is looking for an experienced communications professional to manage internal communications for its Operations business in MENA region. You will be responsible for developing and implementing both functional communication and engagement campaigns that tell compelling stories to the Amazon MENA Operations team which consists of Amazon Fulfilment and Amazon Transportation Services.
As an internal communications specialist, you will interface with the Amazon MENA Operations leadership to support our internal communications – online and offline – via channels that bring about reach and scale. You will work closely with several internal stakeholders to identify stories that make Amazon Operations a great place to work and an employer of choice. You will collaborate with teams to develop creative strategies across a variety of channels that showcase the impact of Amazon Fulfilment and Amazon Transportation Services across the ecosystem and in communities they operate.
Working in a dynamic environment, you will be responsible for measuring, maintaining and improving the quality of our outreach, in the process working with internal business teams as needed. You must have the ability to manage agencies that deliver high quality print, digital, and video production for all our internal communication initiative. The ideal candidate has a good copy-writing, proof-reading and editing skills. More importantly, this candidate must have the ability to work under tight deadlines. The role requires the person to manage and influence at a high level and at the same time is able to dive really deep in to processes and systems, needing to be completely hands-on when required. Candidates who think on their feet, delight in innovative yet effective solutions and is available to travel extensively should apply.
Some of the key result areas include, but not limited to:
- Working with key stakeholders including but not limited to various site leads, HR and Operations managers to develop a communications plan for Amazon MENA Operations.
- Responsible for execution of the internal communications plan for new programs, policies & changes and use the agency appropriately
- Responsible for managing the communication channels and track the usage of channels through metrics
- Identify emerging topics and develop proactive plans to communicate with stakeholders
- Partner closely with HR across operation sites, enabling them to execute on the internal communications plan during issues and crisis
- Partner closely with agencies to build translation of collateral created for the associates in the business.
- Responsible for measuring the impact of the communication efforts
- The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon’s core business values and initiatives and translates those into everyday practices
- Build stakeholder relationships across a range of businesses to establish a news agenda relevant to Amazon MENA Operations
- Roll up sleeves and get work done, even at times when it is outside the scope.
Key job responsibilities
• Build and manage relationships with Operations leaders and provide communication counsel to stakeholders
• Craft strategic internal communication plans as per region proirities
• Design internal communications plans and content with clear, tailored narratives to engage associates and employees spread across MENA
• Write compelling communications that capture attention across a variety of mediums and channels, including email, digital, video, graphic, and visual communications
• Contribute content to the editorial calendar, aligned with Ops goals
• Manage and support issues communications and look around corners for risk
• Work towards creating a distinctive voice, brand, and messaging platform that resonates with a global audience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, a post graduate degree or diploma in communications is preferred
- 6 to 8 years of experience in Internal Communications, including issues/crisis and change management experience within a national/multi-national/logistics/retail industry
• Experience in building robust communications programs and delivering results through creative and innovative approach
• Excellent writing skills are a must, with the ability to formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative
• Experience in creating content: digital, written, video, and visual communications materials.
• Experience with delivery on major internal communications campaigns especially on employee experience
• Internal or external communications experience in verticals like logistics, operations or retail with a mobile workforce
• Experience developing relevant content for a diverse, remote, and mobile workforce
• Proven ability to thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
• Ability to exercise high judgment and persuasion, particularly in narrow time frames
• A curious self-starter with a proven track record of diving into unknown territory and learning new concepts.
About Amazon Middle East and NA FZ
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."_x000D_
East and NA FZ