Job Number 22108598
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Prepare special meals or substitute items. Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters. Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator. Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish. Maintain food logs. Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared. Communicate assistance needed during busy periods. Inform Chef of excess food items for use in daily specials. Inform Food & Beverage service staff of menu specials and out of stock menu items. Ensure the quality of the food items. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods.
Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Anticipate and address guests’ service needs. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Set up station properly and on time for each service period and make sure that required mis en place is ready on time.
- To monitor stock movement and be responsible for ordering on your section.
- To participate in communicating actively within the department.
- Make sure all food is prepared by recipes designated by the Sous chef / Chef de cuisine.
- Report any change of food quality in the preparation to CDP / Sous chef.
- To ensure knowledge of the products, dishes are maintained and communicated to all involved personnel.
- Be able to work in another area when needed and take part in cross training when directed.
- Actively participate to learn, record and transmit our culinary skills and recipes to junior chefs and apprentices.
- To comply with the chef de cuisine / sous chef by implementing a new menu / dishes and new regulations.
- Keeps over production and food waste to a minimum, in order to reduce food cost expense.
- Report any and all deficiencies in maintenance issue, kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to chef de partie / Sous chef immediately.
- In the absence of the Chef de Partie to take over his/her responsibilities.
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
- Ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards within their respective areas.
- Work together with the Chef de Partie on the challenges, which are highlighted every month in the Hygiene Audit.
- Proper storage of food.
- FIFO (First in first out).
- Make sure that all Standards and Procedures are in place and followed.
- Temperature control.
- Dating and labelling of food items.
- Receiving of food, making sure that everything is according to standard.
- Maintain decoration that is made out of food.
- Apply with the personal and grooming standards of the hotel.
- Cleaning and Sanitation of the kitchen.
- Overtime will be approved on business demands by the Sous Chef/Chef de Cuisine.
- Any violation of the above mentioned rules will be subject to disciplinary action.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.