Job Requisition ID: 139802
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
The Product Manager will be a key member of the Product Management team to lead the better and smoother customer experience on every digital channel and responsible for delivery of all E-Commerce projects. The role holder will be accountable to manage product discovery and deliver all Digital products of Futtaim Group’s ecommerce websites.
What you will do
Digital Product Management and leadership.
- Developing product requirements and roadmaps, and implement product strategies consistent with Digital Retail vision, while developing and maintaining product backlog
- Taking charge of the full end-to-end product development and managing the product line life cycle all the way from the strategic planning to tactical initiatives.
- Leading product development and coordinating with engineering, marketing, UX/UI and other teams, while ensuring product development is on track and adjusting schedules as required.
- Act as the key authority and point of contact for project development concepts, business strategy and business models.
- Producing and reviewing product requirements documents (PRD) and make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Plan, direct, supervise and control the execution of assigned product team (business) functions. Manage identification of business opportunities which can be met through the development of digital solutions.
- Create, make decisions and maintain a value-based prioritised backlog of opportunities for products which align to Al Futtaim business strategy and goals. Develop business cases and economic models backed by data.
- Lead and create the appropriate measurement capabilities to monitor product performance and iterations on the product
- Utilise data, including transactional data, usage statistics, primary guest research, and industry analyst reports to inform prioritisation and solutions
- Partner with stakeholders across the organisation to ensure operational support for go to market plans
- Maintain awareness of third-party capabilities that provide viable product solutions. Negotiate contracts and manage vendor relationships
- Accountable for the creation of user stories and acceptance criteria. Utilise story mapping techniques to inform the creation of release plans, with a strong bias towards incremental delivery and iteration.
- Deliver results for key product metrics and goals that supports business
- Provide support during system outages or emergency situations
Marketplace Management and leadership;
- Own the end-to-end experiences from both technical and business perspective and create the prioritized road map for the marketplace initiative
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs to ensure the right features are built with the right quality at the right time.
- Act as subject matter expert on the entire marketplace Business and Technical activities; Marketplace set-up, MP API Integration best practices,Seller on-boarding and management, Seller optimization MP Commercial
- Deploy winning tactics within AFG marketplace initiative
- Manage the relationship with the MP platform and service provider, while leading the entire development phase from concept to launch
Localization Management and leadership;
- Own and lead the entire product Arabization/ localization while managing the entire life-cycle of multiple Translation projects
- Define and independently drive mechanisms to prioritize and improve localization across multiple products and languages simultaneously
- Develop project plans, establish SLAs and workflows for internal teams and external vendors
- Manage time, budget, resources, and quality control across multiple product development teams
- Lead team members including project managers, engineers, translators and publishers etc
- Head and direct department initiatives consisting of translation quality, vendor strategy, process improvements and tools improvements.
- Develop Digital Localisation Strategy for AFG Digital Retailing
- Support businesses in their day-2-day translation management and provide technical support for all the Translation Management platform activities
- Manage the entire relationship with both the Translation Managementplatform provider and the outsource agency.
WebOps Management and leadership
- Manage the entire support functionality (L2 & L3) for all eCommerce Mobile apps, Web and backend services to drive continuous improvement within the consumer products and services portfolio
- Setting up support structure for businesses
- Lead the Web Operation team and define their sprints scope and priorities
- Manage the relationship with all eCommerce businesses to define business opportunities through feature development
Required skills to be successful
- Strong attention to detail, proactive and flexible approach with ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established deadlines
- Ambitious, resilient and driven, with the desire to succeed
- Passionate about the work with a can-do attitude
- A team player capable of working cross-functionally in a collaborative manner
- Results-orientated, with the ability to drive and deliver the implementation of new ideas
- Excellent presentation, time management and delivery skills
What equips you for the role
- 4+ years of extensive digital product management experience that can demonstrate a track-record in delivering committed product features on-time with high quality.
- Prior experience overseeing the development and management of any major eCommerce search, catalog or PIM capabilities, preferably for a Brick and Click retailer in the region or in the Americas
- Experienced in preparing, monitoring, analyzing and delivering detailed Product plans, Business cases and Customer journey mappings
- Highly developed written, verbal and presentation & interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders and colleagues at the highest level.
- Proven success defining technical product features and driving features from cradle-to-grave.
- Experience implementing best practices in Digital product management like KANO analysis, Scrum Product Ownership, LeanStartup and Agile product prioritization techniques
- Demonstrable experience and accountability in leading and managing Digital properties, eCommerce
- Solid knowledge of website and mobile analytics tools (e.g., Coremetrics, Google Analytics, Mixpanel,Omniture)
- Holding an Agile product management and project management certifications like CSM, CSPO, PMP or PMIACP will be an advantage
- Abreast with the latest trends and best practices in Digital product management and Enterprise eCommerce domain
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…
About Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles. Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the automotive, finance, retail, and real estate industries, and we are now 42,000 people strong.