Job Requisition ID: 139823
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
The job of a Brand Manager is responsible for driving top line performance, full profit and loss accountability and consistent operational excellence across all retail and wholesale. Support in building strong and effective relationships with key strategic partners to achieve business targets, while managing costs in line with P&L and agreed KPI’s.
Ensure all team members are trained and developed to deliver the business plan and sales targets. Actively develops and implements strategic business plans to ensure profitable business operation.
What you will do
Delivering Top Line Performance and Profitability
- Oversee full OTB process, sell through and markdown policy. Analytical and proactively manages sales, inventory and margin through effective range planning and buying.
- Sets overall guidelines for margin by product area and ensures processes are established to analyse margin deviation.
- Develops a brand commercial strategy (short, medium and long term). Defines the store layout through all product categories (adjacencies and product mix) according to brand guidelines.
- Setting and delivery of operational standards for all stores in visual merchandising, stock availability, customer service and security whilst ensuring brand integrity.
- Work closely with other departments including Retail, VM, Operations and Wholesale to ensure the product offer is optimised at all times and sales opportunities are maximised and relationships and Brand image preserved.
- Interpret, present and manage marketing programmes to drive sales efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure all team members are trained and developed to deliver the business plan and sales targets.
Financial & Business Planning
- Holding P&L accountability for business across the MENA
- Leading all business functions such as wholesale, retail, e-commerce (throughout all means of Omni-Channels) marketing, buying and merchandising in line with the requirements of the market and the organisation strategy.
- Own and develop the retail, wholesale and brand operations strategy (Strategic Plan).
- Construct, implement, monitor and control the approved budget and operational costs for all stores. buying and wholesale.
- Effectively lead, drive and manage the buying and merchandising team to achieve maximum results
- Drive understanding and improve business performance through data analysis and reporting. Overall responsibility for ensuring sales are maximised through product availability
- Lead and manage the wholesale team to ensure sales targets are met while keeping close monitoring on inventory and operating cost.
- Enforce company operating procedures to maintain accurate inventory, system integrity and profit protection across all stores.
- Drive cost saving initiatives and efficiencies throughout retail operations by challenging existing processes.
- Working alongside GM-HR to ensure manpower costs are closely monitored and productivity levels maximised.
- Review and where necessary revise and or amend the standard operating procedures as per business requirement and in line with Group Internal Audit.
- Review all internal audit reports when published and support the store manager Area Manager / Operations Manager in compiling recommendations and updates to Group Internal Audit.
- Review all store internal audit reports and implement necessary corrective action required.
Corporate & Brand
- Promote brand and corporate values throughout the Buying & Merchandising, wholesale and operations team. Ensure consistent ways of working across all stores and brand.
- Ensure stores comply with all legislation, regulation and corporate governance.
- Regularly and proactively communicates with the brand to establish and maintain a strong working relationship and partnership.
- In partnership with the brand, work with the principle to resolve issues and deliver opportunities for the delivery of current and future commercial priorities.
- Recruit the ‘Best in Class’ to ensure delivery of ‘Top Line’ sales.
- Lead, coach and motivate team to deliver great results
- Develop the skills and capabilities of the team at both group and individual level
- Working alongside GM-HR to deliver targeted people solutions to enhance employee engagement and compliance to HR policies and local legislation.
- Coach and mentor all Area / Operation and Store Managers and ensure robust succession and training plans are in place for each store. Evaluate and develop all high potential employees.
- Organise and deploy key communication processes internally with team and key departments and externally with retailers to ensure awareness and efficient implementation of programmes and projects
- Act as a role model for the Al-Futtaim Way and brand specific behaviours values.
Business Growth & New Markets
- Managing market entry and store opening projects with corporate and principal provided resources, ensuring compliance to legislation and brand requirements.
- Responsible for all strategic retail, wholesale & operational plans including new territories.
Required skills to be successful
- Strategic planning and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills,
- Confident decision maker, leadership skills,
- Collaborations, managing complexity,
- Influencing others, taking initiative, engaging leadership
- Developing talent
- Drive for results
- Strategic thinker
- Keeps up to date with the latest trends and brands
- Strong sales focus and eager to learn.
What equips you for the role
- Retail and Wholesale fashion experience is preferred
- Passion for fashion is a MUST
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…
About Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles. Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the automotive, finance, retail, and real estate industries, and we are now 42,000 people strong.