Job Number 22115762
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Provide leadership to manage the functionality and safety of the hotel facility in accordance with local laws and regulations. Directly manages operating budget/cost controls and execute capital projects and refurbishments as assigned. Coordinates and supervises all documentation dealing with capital projects and refurbishments. Directs outside contractors, communicates with municipality officials and inspects quality of work by staff and contractors. Responds and coordinates responses to senior management calls and emergency situations.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports –
- Titles of Direct Reports –
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience in project management/pre openings
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated skills in effective budget and scheduling management.
- DWG proficient
- Be able to interpret drawings of all trades and activities
- Overlook contracts documents and review them
- Excellent administrative skills
- Experience with Project Management software
Education or Certification
- Higher Diploma in Project Management / Technical Field
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Supervise and control the Maintenance Request System over their respective shifts.
- Control and undertake assigned capital projects including construction and commissioning.
- Establish and highlight risks in the projects. Ability to handle cost variations and contract disputes
- Understand and coordinate the engineering records and filing system to support PM Programs, Capital Budget, Capital Projects, Life Safety systems & Inspections
- Ensure proper records are kept relating to all projects and equipment for the hotel.
- Ensure proper measures are taken to protect the environment and the Hotel’s adherence to it.
- Implements energy and water management systems to minimize wastage and costs.
- Liaise and supervise Property Maintenance Contractors on site and ensure appropriate standards are met.
- Carry out all emergency repairs to all technical equipment related to individual’s skill and experience level.
- Attend meetings as required. Develop and coordinate SOW for the project packages including value engineering.
- Ensure that all associates comply with the grooming and uniform standards.
- Assist with the selection and appointment of new associates within the department.
- Ensure compliance with legislated workplace health and safety requirements
- Comply with Hotel specific Standards and Procedures.
- Prepare Engineering reports as required by Director of Engineering /Chief Engineer / Project Manager.
- Ensure all requests for maintenance are carried out within an acceptable time frame.
Safety and Security
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
- Ensure employee compliance with company standards and policies and external regulations (e.g., safety, OSHA, department-specific procedures such as food standards).
- Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
- Encourage and motivate employees to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
- Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
- Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
- Assist management in establishing and communicating goals, performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations to hourly employees and ensure that they are understood.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Identify and recommend new ideas, technologies, or processes to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
Maintain Building and Property
- Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment.
- Comply with the life safety checklist, including completing the fire-pump run test and generator run test in accordance with local jurisdictions and company policies.
Coordinate with Others
- Communicate with customers when necessary to resolve maintenance issues.
- Inspect fire sprinkler valves and fire alarm systems in accordance with company policy and local codes.
- Assist in development of disaster response protocols.
- Required to be flexible and work shift patterns as deemed necessary by the management
Tools and Equipment
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.