Job Number 22123807
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Assisting the event planners with the billing process for events and group room reservations from the turnover from sales till the post-event phase; conducts daily bill review according to the Marriott standards and drives the ESS Overall Billing experience.
Maintains ownership of the deposit schedule, processes payments and makes sure that the Paymaster accounts are closed within 5 working days; attends the monthly credit meeting.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports – 0
- More than 2 years of experience in large scale hotel events or accounting department.
Skills and Knowledge
- Understand group and catering positioning of the hotel
- Knowledge about the financial aspect of the events
- Strong financial understanding
- Attention to details
- Excellent telephone skills
- Confident and quick learner
- Problem solving skills
- Organization skills of multiple events at the same time
- Understanding of how the different departments within the hotel are linked to each other
- Effective communication skills and professional use of English language
- Distribute information in a concise, well-organized and detailed manner
- Manages guest conflict situations effectively
- Remains calm and professional in stressful situations
- Excellent time management skills and is able to prioritize work effectively
Education or Certification
- College degree preferred
- Multilingual preferred
- Previous similar position in the event or finance department in a large scale hotel
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- As an expert being able to partner with a customer.
- Taking care of a smooth transition from sales to events planning.
- Focus on future billing potential problems and/or conflicts from a guest and planning point of view and focus on solutions towards them to improve the billing process, guest satisfaction and planning efficiency.
- Checking the billing terms of contracts handed over from Sales to Event Planning
- Review the DEF contracts to make sure the billing terms are within the guidelines; cancellation policy, cut-off date, no-show policy, deposits, etc.
- Print daily opera reports with the current open PM’s and doing the needful follow up with the event planner and respective organizer
- Review PM’s for each group to make sure the routing for each reservation is correct
- Daily verification that all BQT cheques are signed by the meeting organizers and match the BEO/actual charges
- Final invoicing
- Contacting the guest after the final invoice has been sent for any potential questions and/or follow ups
- Credit Card transactions for deposits to be processed
- Deposits to be put in Opera in the appropriate PM
- Assisting with receiving the proper payment at the proper timing according to the contract and payment terms.
- Streamlining the event billing process.
- Being proactive in offering solutions.
- Accurately forecasts all the events (bedrooms and/or catering)
- Being knowledgeable about contracts, billing policies, product and services.
- Handle the billing process; billing reviews with the guest and finalize billing accuracy with accounting.
- Managing timely reconciliation of group commissions, deposits, issue trackers and cancellations tracker
- Maintaining daily/ weekly deposit & PM trackers.
- Assigning PM’s & Processing rebates for groups in a timely manner
- Takes total ownership and responsibilities for the successful production of group events assigned.
- Continuous communication with the operational team.
- Guidance of client throughout the event. As the expert partner with the guest and be a consultant.
- Attend the daily service communication tool; BEO meeting.
- Taking part in pre- and post-conference meetings
- Communicate challenging situations accurate to responsible departments.
- Handle guest complaints in a professional manner and come up with solutions.
This list is meant to be representative of the common responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not exhaustive. Management reserves the right to revise this job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.