Job Requisition ID: 141062
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
To contribute to positioning the IKEA store as the “Leader in life at home” in our market in order to maximize sales and long-term profitability. I do this by securing the effective implementation of global solutions using my knowledge of people’s life at home and consumer buying behavior in my market and my home furnishing competence to adapt these to meet our national needs.
What you will do
- Actively support the Com & In manager expansion in implementing the country business plan and the country Com & In BP plan to support the optimisation of sales and our long-term growth in our new to build stores.
- Support the stores to ensure the uniqueness of the IKEA Brand identity in range presentation and store communication in order to distance us from the competition. Taking ownership for how we are working with interior design in my country.
- Using range presentation solutions are relevant to the many peoples life at home in my national market and that it accurately reflects demographics, living conditions and out visitors needs and wants.
- Securing that our solutions reflect a wide variety style expressions and functions to meet individual tastes and stimulate our visitors to change their home furnishings more often, using IKEA style groups and IKEA living situations.
- Develop the store layout and support the stores to ensure it is used to create optimal visual impact, a good overview and supports our commercial priorities.
- Working with SO Com & In colleagues, SO establishment team, Sales leaders, In-store Logistics and other SO functions to agree on our national priorities. Together developing solutions that present and communicate the IKEA product range in a way that reflects its width and depth and strengthens our low-price profile on all levels and reflects our local market needs.
- To working closely with the Country Com & In interior design specialist, country marketing department colleagues and other SO colleagues to ensure the country commercial calendar messages are communicated in a clear, consistent and inspiring way, supporting commercial priorities and reflecting seasonality.
STORE SUPPORT (NEW STORES)
- Work with the interior design planners to develop and implement the store layout to meet and exceed visitor’s expectations on the IKEA shopping and buying experience, strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA product range, graphic identity and tone of voice.
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge and understanding of people’s needs and wants, their living situations and living conditions and consumer buying behaviour in my national market and I am inquisitive to find out more.
- Analyse the IKEA Customer Satisfaction survey (ICSS) , IKEA Brand Capital and other visitor feedback and use these insights to work with the store Com & In teams to improve the experience of our visitors and convert them into satisfied customers.
- Working with the establishment graphic communication leader, Establishment visual merchandiser manager to ensure consistency in how we communicate throughout our new stores.
- Supporting the new stores to ensure the implementation of store communication using the layout to create optimal visual impact, a good overview and support our commercial priorities.
- Work with good time management skills
- Sharing good ideas and coaching interior design manager’s new stores and your interior design planners to improve their competence.
- Support and coach interior design managers of new stores and interior design planners team to secure that layouts , range presentations solutions is prioritized, placed correctly, consistent and understandable, clear and uncluttered with the customer in focus.
- Ability to coach and educate SO Com & In colleagues, other functions and our store interior design managers on how to work with manuals, global directions and tools within my area of responsibility.
- Lead, inspire and challenge the interior design planners in your team to constantly increase their knowledge of people’s life at home, consumer behavior and develop their interior design skills.
- Coordinate with the regional expansion plans whenever necessary including commercial planning, build up and opening phases.
- Supporting with current ways of working and business practices.
Required skills to be successful
- Good time management skills and flexibility
- Interpersonal Skills, Business Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Leadership Skills and Strategic Thinking
What equips you for the role
- 5 years experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of the IKEA Concept
- Thorough knowledge of the role and responsibilities of the Communication & Interior Design department.
- Passion for interior design, home furnishings and design.
- Understanding customer buying behaviour and decisions.
- Knows the competition on the local market.
- Has experience in incorporating the commercial calendar into the Communication & Interior Design action plan.
- Has thorough knowledge of the role and responsibilities of a store Interior design manager.
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
About Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles. Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the automotive, finance, retail, and real estate industries, and we are now 42,000 people strong.