Job Requisition ID: 141025
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
To secure a very accurate planning of the assigned area during the commercial planning and to secure a very accurate implementation of the assigned area during the commercial build-up. Be the natural source of know how for IKEA new stores during the commercial planning and build up, therefore I need to be up to date regarding all new solutions and ideas. Always be a good example in all the tasks assigned during the new store projects.
What you will do
NEW STORE COMMERCIAL PLANNING AND BUILD UP
- Production of the commercial plans package of the assigned area in the commercial planning and build up phases.
- Actively support the Visual Merchandise Leader Expansion in implementing the commercial brief.
- Using range presentation solutions that are relevant to the many peoples life at home in the national market and that it accurately reflects demographics, living conditions and the visitors needs and wants.
- Securing solutions that reflect a wide variety style expressions and functions to meet individual tastes and stimulate our visitors to change their home furnishings more often, using IKEA style groups and IKEA living situations.
- Plan the store layout in assigned areas so that it is used to create optimal visual impact, a good overview and support the commercial brief priorities.
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge and understanding of people’s needs and wants, their living situations and living conditions and consumer buying behaviour in the national market.
- Working with the graphic communication planner expansion, interior design planner expansion to ensure consistency in how we communicate throughout our new stores.
- Working with my SO Com & In colleagues to ensure that all we communicate to the stores is consistent, understandable and cost-effective for them to implement.
- Work towards the agreed time schedules for new store commercial planning and build up periods.
- Create and prioritize the action plan for the assigned areas during the commercial build up.
- Sharing good ideas and coaching the new visual merchandisers to improve their competence.
- Work with manuals, global directions and tools within the assigned area of responsibility and educate the new store Visual merchandiser on how to use and work with them.
- Participate in workshops for new store interior designers on IKEA principles in connection to the IKEA range presentation and transfer of know how.
- Support and coach the new store visual merchandisers in layouts, range presentations solutions are prioritized, placed correctly, consistent and understandable, clear and uncluttered with the customer in focus during the commercial build up phase
- Support the SO Interior Design Leader when required to ensure the uniqueness of the IKEA Range Presentation in the current stores is developed in order to distance us from the competition.
- Working with SO Interior Design Leader in developing solutions that communicate the IKEA product range in a way that reflects its width and depth and strengthens our low-price profile on all levels.
Required skills to be successful
- Understands customer buying behaviour and buying decisions
- Knows the competition on the local market
- Experience in incorporating the commercial calendar into the Communication & Interior Design action plan
- Knowledge of the role and responsibilities of a Country Graphic Communication Leader
What equips you for the role
- 3 years in a similar role.
- Knowledge of the IKEA Concept
- Thorough knowledge of the role and responsibilities of the Communication & Interior Design department
- Passion for interior design, home furnishings
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
About Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles. Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the automotive, finance, retail, and real estate industries, and we are now 42,000 people strong.