Job Requisition ID: 153277
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Al Futtaim Malls is currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity as Facilities Manager – Hard Services. The jobholder is to assume responsibility for and ensure the efficient operation of all Engineering services and overall all MEP service provider contract management, ensuring that all assets are maintained well, and various facilities management/operational costs are budgeted annually for the asset.
- Coordinate with the GM, procurement to prepare MEP tender briefs
- Evaluation of tenders
- Setup KPI’s for MEP contract SLA’s
- Review of yearly preventative maintenance schedule
- Monitor preventative maintenance schedules
- Conduct quarterly asset quality and condition checks
- Review and approve RFA’s
- Asset HSE inspections
- Coordinate future developments in line with retail strategy
- Prepare and forecast any enhancements to the building through the CAPEX procedures
- Comparing and calculating cost of required services
- Inspection and work completions approval for contractors on agreed works
- Leading and managing MEP changes in the mall
- Obtain 3rd party certification for all escalators, elevators
- Prepare monthly performance reports for contractors and facilities management provider.
- Summary of completed works
- Building Fabric check
- Monthly maintenance cost of building upkeep
- Drive improvement in water and electricity saving initiatives.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Qualified Electrical or Mechanical Engineer, possesses strong leadership, good communication skills and Hands-on Experience in Maintenance of MEP Installations.
- Minimum 5-7years experience, out of which at least 5 years in GCC in well reputed large MEP Companies or preferably in a shopping mall.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibility to work long hours, if situation demands.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and diverse team environment.
- Must be well familiar with computer applications and capable of generating & presenting maintenance reports.
About Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate
The real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate is responsible for a multi-billion-dollar portfolio across MENA. With high-quality residential, business, retail, tourism, educational and healthcare developments, the master developer caters to the diverse needs of cities and communities in the region. From origination, conception, development, sales, procurement and construction of mega-projects and the leasing, operation and management of these projects after completion, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) has been developing and managing owned landbanks, unlocking the economic potential of the region and contributing to future development for more than 40 years.
Our focus is to enable and invest in meaningful relationships to make our properties the best places to live and work, build additional products and services and enable partnerships to create true value to our customers throughout their entire experience with us.
AFGRE is responsible for master planning of all projects in its portfolio, including two large scale mixed use destinations: Dubai Festival City and Cairo Festival City.
About Al-Futtaim Malls
Al-Futtaim Malls provides development and asset management expertise, specializing in building retail-led super regional malls in prime locations across MENA and beyond. With a proven track record of creating both sustainable revenue growth and value enhancement for tenants, Al-Futtaim Malls delivers exceptional experiences and exciting shopping environments for customers.
Part of the Al-Futtaim Group, Al-Futtaim Malls leadership team brings more than 30 years of experience and a deep understanding and knowledge of the retail sector, both from a shopper’s point of view but as curators of space or landlords to other brands. The company has a directly managed portfolio including over 9 million sqft of retail space across four malls in the MENA region and two under development. Malls under the Al-Futtaim Malls portfolio include Dubai Festival City Mall and Festival Plaza in the UAE, Cairo Festival City Mall in Egypt, Doha Festival City in Qatar and Zenata Mall, Morocco.
Leveraging on the expertise of its parent company, Al-Futtaim Malls established PLEX Management Services offering a full array of services including asset management and development, leasing, and brand experience expertise to shopping mall landlords and retail organizations globally. Implementing global best practice and deploying Al-Futtaim Mall’s deep understanding of mall management and retail dynamics, PLEX promises to deliver continuous growth and long-term value for its partners.
For more information on Al-Futtaim Malls, please visit https://www.al-futtaimmalls.com/
About Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles. Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the automotive, finance, retail, and real estate industries, and we are now 42,000 people strong.