Job Requisition ID: 141601
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Overview of the role
As a member of Finance team – to support the branch operations Sales and After sales , on a decision support for budgeting / forecasting / MIS and KPI achievement ensure compliance with company policies and procedures with major emphasis on cash control, sales accounting and approvals credit controls & approvals, stock controls, audit report follow-up and day to day internal controls review and improvement.
What you will do
Financial Performance Review & Commercial Support to Branch Management
1. Perform regular Branch level (Sales & Aftersales) Financial reviews and variance analysis with Branch Management (DP) for all responsible branches and thus ensuring that branch performance is in line with relevant
2. Support Branch Management (DP) in review of KPI trends (Sales & Aftersales), suggest improvement plans and prepare reports/analysis for monthly Branch reviews to be held with Director Retail & BUFM.
3. Regularly monitor and control Branch indirect costs (Facility Maintenance, casual labours, utilities, data processing, stationery, cafeteria etc)
4. Supporting Branch Management in synergising process and costs between sales, aftersales and other brands within the same site
5. Check and ensure that all Branch POs are created, and GRs completed within the relevant months and adequate provisions are booked before close of month to reflect right profitability.
6. Validating CAPEX cost requirements at branches and ensuring that these are within budgeted levels.
Forecast and Budget Support
1. Support branch management by validating Weekly Forecasts (Sales & Aftersales) submitted to HO
2. Supporting FM & GM with Preparation of site wise Quarterly Forecasts, Annual Budgets and upload into SAP
Sales Accounting and cash control
1. Oversee via the Branch Accountants and Accounts Assistants to ensure all documentation is complete as per company procedures for all Finance / Cash / Credit / Inter and Intra company deals for Sales & Aftersales.
2. Ensure through branch Finance team the release of VCC, Sale letter & Gate passes (Sales & Aftersales) are in line with company procedures.
3. Validation through test checks of Sales document pack /LPO and credit approval or clear funds/ registration copy and delivery to ensure process compliance.
4. Ensure that refunds are processed by branch within the sub-delegated authority with proper documentation and those beyond Branch authority are processed through Central Finance (AFSS).
5. Check and validate all agreed check list before confirming passport release of branch staff.
6. Reviewing all petty cash payments, test checking daily collections and deposits to ensure compliance
7. Liaise with Central Finance (AFSS) and other departments to ensure that all intercompany transactions, upsell recoveries, Pricing differences etc are regularly reconciled and kept on track
Stock, Insurance & WIP controls
1. Ensure Stock controllers adhere to standard documentation and procedures about stock movements and best practices followed on stock management of on-site stocks including Demo/display/Damaged stock.
2. Ensure adequate insurance coverage is in place for dealership stock, cash, assets and other components at all times.
3. Review periodical physical inventory (Units and Parts) and reconciliation to ensure physical stocks match with the system stocks.
4. Participate in and support the smooth conduct of Annual stock counts (Units and Parts)
5. Monitoring of aftersales WIPs at branches regularly and ensure timely closing of job cards to ensure revenue recognition as per IFRS
Credit Control & AR Collections
1. Facilitate through Branch Finance team, timely submission of Finance deal packs and provide support and follow up with AFF for early collection of bank debts.
2. Review with Sales team (sales & aftersales) on overdue and collection on regular basis and provide status report to Branch Management and BUFM
Policy, Procedures and Internal Audit recommendations
1. Ensuring that all Finance SOPs are adhered to by the branch and adequate advice is provided in compliance matters (INDs, DNIs export sales etc.)
2. Continuous review of existing policy and procedures and recommend improvements to strengthen internal control.
3. Facilitate Group internal audit review of branch operations and ensure timely implementation of audit recommendations
1. To lead and supervise the finance team of all responsible Branches (Sales & Aftersales)
2. Provide appropriate trainings to the Branch Finance team from time to time.
Ad hoc tasks & Projects
1. To carry out Ad Hoc tasks/reports as defined by the BUFM / Branch Management / GM or any other member of Senior Management.
2. Involve into Projects representing various business areas as and when required.
Required Skills to be successful
- Analytical, process oriented, good communication skills, exposure to ERP
- Should be able to plan and prioritize tasks, persuasive skills, Kaizan attitude, Self starter; and a strong team player.
About the Team
The role will report to Finance Manager – Retail and you will have 5 to 10 direct reports ( Branch Accountants / Assistant Branch Accountants / Accounts Assistants / Cashiers) .
What equips you for the role
- Graduate in Chartered Accountant (or similar qualification)
- 4+ years experience in Automotive dealership or retail environment
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
About Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles. Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the automotive, finance, retail, and real estate industries, and we are now 42,000 people strong.