Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience. Amazon is expanding its presence in the Middle East and North Africa. We are looking for a dynamic and accomplished Business Finance Analyst who can generate actionable insights and develop simple tools and mechanisms that will equip our teams to drive growth and profitability.
The Analyst will support retail category/ function specific finance activity. The person would play a key role in driving the function /category agenda and would work as business partner in delivering the business result. The key task would be to help the business in decision support through data analysis and business insight. In addition, this position supports and partners with various functions to develop annual plans, forecast, analyze trends, create metrics and perform analyses to support business decisions.
The successful candidate will be strategic, analytical, and have the demonstrated ability to effectively manage the finances of a high-growth business. The successful candidate should be comfortable working in cross-functional teams, and demonstrate strong leadership skills. The ideal candidate must have superior attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously. The position represents an exciting opportunity to be a part of an extremely dynamic and high paced environment, supporting a global organization and offers significant opportunities for rapid growth.
Reporting and Analysis:
· Perform financial reporting and support monthly P&L analysis and financial forecasts
· Support in monthly/quarterly financial closing activity in close co-ordination with business and accounting teams
· Facilitate financial review meetings with business groups and work with business managers to ensure effective finance and cost management.
· Assist in Measuring and reporting progress on key goals for the business team in a timely manner
· Measuring and monitoring of metrics for new business initiatives
· Provide inputs for monthly and quarterly business reviews in a timely manner. Facilitate the business reviews with data analysis and follow through with business leaders on actionable items for improving business metrics over a period of time
· Perform ad-hoc business analyses, and financial modeling. Present recommendations to senior management on strategic decisions, and planned future initiatives
· Partnering with the Global leadership team to develop strategic multi-year or long term operating plans
· Execute and drive KPI metrics for business and operation performance
· Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them
· Ensure appropriate financial policies, procedures, and internal controls are in place, documented, and operating as intended.
· Work on critical projects that serve major parts of the business.
· Lead cross functional systems and process improvement initiatives
· Provide high level support to business partners. Compile and present materials to senior management.
· MBA/ CA, with 5+ or more years of post-qualification experience in Management reporting and analysis, Forecasting & Budgeting, business partnering
· Experience in SQL and business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· Detail-oriented, well-organized, Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload
· Ability to readily adapt to and lead through changing environment
· Strong customer focus – both Internal / External
Experience with data visualization and reporting tools like Tableau, quicksight
Experience with financial systems & reporting suite like Oracle, SAP, Cognos,
About Amazon Middle East and NA FZ
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."
East and NA FZ