Job Requisition ID: 152085
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Over view of the role.
The purpose of this job is to ensure that the necessary analysis is done on our assets performance and helps management to assess the performance of these assets and take corrective action if any.
Reporting to the CFO, the Finance Reporting Manager is responsible for supporting the strategic direction of the business. The Finance Reporting Manager will support teams in terms of analysis of market trends, control of financial performance, strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting.The ideal candidate would be commercially and detail oriented, have a strong analytical mind with the ability to identify and strengthen areas of business risk and formulation of an appropriate actions plan or recommendations
What you will do
Policies, Systems, Process & Procedures
- Ensure compliance of Finance policies, procedures and strategy.
- Recommend improvements to departmental procedures so that all relevant procedure /legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost effective service to customers
Day to Day Operations
- Ensure that the development of periodical financial reports, which will support the business review packs including internal and external benchmarks
- Ensure consistency in reports, doing trend analysis and commentary on those numbers
- Ensure that all functional reports of AFC are completed in a timely manner and comply with international principles of corporate governance and standards, comply policies and standards.
- Cater to Adhoc requests on reporting from Group Finance or internal AFC management
Financial Advisory and Commercial Support
Provide due support and recommendations to the Commercial department / Tendering Department as required
Safety, Quality & Environment
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of process and practices taking into account, the interests and benefits to Al Futtaim and its employees.
- Any other reasonable request of work/ task as allocated by the Line Manager.
Required Skills to be successful:
- Analytical bent of mind
- Attention to detail
- Strong excel and modelling skills
- Commercial acumen
- Sound technical skills
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal format
- Internal and external stakeholder presentations
- Delighting our customers
- Working across boundaries
- Managing Complexity
- Influencing Others
- Taking Initiative
- Driving for Results
- Developing Talent
- Demonstrating Self-Awareness
What equips you for the role
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Accounting / Finance qualification (Semi-Qualified or Qualified Accounting Professional)
- Knowledge of ERP Financial Software is necessary; SAP, Lumira expertise will be preferred
- Experience in relevant industry
- 8-9 years relevant experience in a similar role and industry
- Experience in Real Estate / Construction / Project Management industries will be preferred
- Regional work experience
About Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate
The real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate is responsible for a multi-billion-dollar portfolio across MENA. With high-quality residential, business, retail, tourism, educational and healthcare developments, the master developer caters to the diverse needs of cities and communities in the region. From origination, conception, development, sales, procurement and construction of mega-projects and the leasing, operation and management of these projects after completion, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) has been developing and managing owned landbanks, unlocking the economic potential of the region and contributing to future development for more than 40 years.
Our focus is to enable and invest in meaningful relationships to make our properties the best places to live and work, build additional products and services and enable partnerships to create true value to our customers throughout their entire experience with us.
AFGRE is responsible for master planning of all projects in its portfolio, including two large scale mixed use destinations: Dubai Festival City and Cairo Festival City.
About Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles. Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the automotive, finance, retail, and real estate industries, and we are now 42,000 people strong.