Job Number 22125355
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel Dubai, 3 Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, SRG Hospitality LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
• Set the adequate par levels for Rooms, F&B, and pool and Health club linen and terry products and the guidelines of the quarterly related inventory.
• Set the adequate par levels for guest and operating supplies and the guidelines of the daily consumption and handling of these supplies.
• Set the par levels of the associates’ uniforms and establish the guidelines of receiving and delivering and washing and maintenance procedures and the guidelines of the quarterly inventory of the uniforms.
• Follow the Set selling and marketing strategy to ensure budgeted laundry revenues are met.
• Monitor the usage of the OS&E and set the guidelines for the quarterly inventory.
• Ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained throughout the department and scheduling of vacation is during low occupancy and geared to the ever-changing volume of business.
• Ensure full implementation of the Sheraton Brand Standards in regards to Bed and rooms set up guidelines.
• Ensure implementation of cleaning programs of ABCs of Housekeeping.
• Use GXP in reporting defects and Work Orders effectively.
• Follow the hotel/company lost and found policy and procedures.
• Follow the standards botanical guidelines.
• Follow the supply chain guidelines and buy from the approved suppliers.
Cleaning & Maintenance of the hotel condition:
• Set the daily and the periodic/cyclic cleaning and maintenance programs for the rooms, public areas and BOH areas
• Participate effectively in the Ken fix program by providing rooms to Engineering team, and inspecting the rooms after job completion.
• Maintain an accurate log for all the equipment in hand (HK and Laundry) stating each equipment status and maintain regular checkups on those machines.
• Schedule weekly tours to inspect the hotel assets and take the necessary actions to ensure assets are at all times in a goof condition.
• Monitor and coach team on how to avoid breaking doors, walls, floors, ceiling, frames and etc..
• Ensure all HK related stores and pantries are in good condition and maintained clean and tidy at all times.
• Check regularly the linen Chute to ensure safety of the associates and linen.
• Use the MAR report to identify guest’s preferences and ensure preferences delivery.
• Ensure HK team are all aligned on providing a personalized experience to every guest.
• Achieve the set Guest Voice goal in regards to Cleanliness of rooms and public areas.
• Coordinate with Front Office Dept. to handle guests queries, requests and complaints with tact, patience and courtesy.
• Ensure all fire and safety precautions are observed and those first aid procedures are to the standard required by the company incorporating any legal requirements.
• Follow the standards in regards to DND, room access and cleaning occupied room procedures.
• Ensure the HK discrepancy is printed and distributed twice a day to avoid skippers
• Apply the company security procedures in relation to the resident’s property
• Including the use of handling keys or reporting suspicious incidents to the General Manager
• Institute a system for handling receiving and handing over master keys.
• Ensure associates are using the right chemical and using it the right safe way.
• Ensure the laundry and HK solvents and chemicals are environmental friendly labeled
• Ensure staff are aware and impellent effectively garbage segregations.
• Set HK and Laundry department training plans
• Ensure consistent on the job training program is in place
• Follow the behavioral interview guidelines to select the right candidate.
• Run development plans for potential talents.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Good level of knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel and Opera.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Able to manage a multi-cultural team.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
• Experience managing a department and Profit & Loss account.
• Drive for results.
• Lead by example.
CONDITIONS REQUIRED FOR YOUR ROLE
• This job requires operating computers and computerized equipment.
• This job requires to tolerate any personal protective equipment.
• This job requires to work outdoor in all temperatures and weather conditions.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.