Job Number 22125366
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel Dubai, 3 Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, SRG Hospitality LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
• This position is responsible for the development of new business within the Leisure Market, as well as the maintenance of existing accounts to ensure maximum delivery.
• Proactively manage a number of key accounts/key prospects in the pre-determined Markets and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives. Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account / key prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner.
• Proactively prospecting new accounts for the Hotel and following the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts
• Take personal responsibility to ensure that Standards are maintained and that the system is utilized to its full capacity including the mandatory smart contracting process.
• Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for each account. To understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and ensure accurate hand over and follow up to the Events Team.
• To attend when required trade and networking events as a representative of Sheraton Grand Hotel Dubai, ensuring that the quality image of the organization is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Hotel.
• To take personal responsibility for understanding the revenue / sales strategy meeting of the Hotel and the required budgetary guidelines, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
• To actively support the Sales team and assist them to carry out their roles effectively.
• Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
• Re-negotiation of contract agreements within budgetary guidelines of all corporate accounts within agreed time frames. Ensuring accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, and confirmation to client. Ensure property rates sheets are accurate at all times.
• To take responsibility for the compilation and execution of weekly, monthly and quarterly sales action plans as agreed with the Director of Sales and Distribution. Communicate any obstacles to completing action plans to DOSR.
• To arrange and manage familiarization trips and educational in line with business needs.
• Maintain knowledge of your pre-determined markets, competition and customers.
• To comply with the guidelines of Sheraton Grand Hotel Dubai wholesale contracting guidelines and strategy, Marketing Contribution and certified templates.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Leisure sales is required in hotel industry
• Superior analytical skills required.
We do expect that you do have the experiences/ behaviors below. You:
• Have the ability to effectively communicate with other departments;
• Embrace and value operational guidelines and brand standards;
• Possess superior analytical skills;
• Have the ability to plan and prioritize in order to achieve deadlines;
• Have the awareness of maximizing the returns to all stakeholders;
• Are adaptable to the ideas of different cultures, settings and situations;
• Enjoy working in a team setting;
• Do build lasting relationships with internal and external customers;
• Have immaculate personal presentation (e.g. grooming and conversational ability);
• Demonstrate effective problem solving skills and analysis of issues and trends, in order to develop and apply appropriate strategies;
• Have knowledge of hotel computer systems and other IT related applications;
• Uphold ethical business practices.
Bachelor degree required; additional education in sales and marketing fields preferred.
• This job may require you to work on holidays and/ or weekends;
• This job may require you to work a shift other than a day shift, including first, second, and swing or overnight shift;
• This job often requires extended hours beyond a typical work week;
• This job requires you to conform to a conservative, formal grooming, attire and jewelry policy that will be monitored on a regular basis and may be addressed as seen fit by your manager;
• Sheraton Grand Hotel has a very strong commitment to safety and requires that you follow safety procedures closely;
• Our hotel has a no-tolerance policy regarding unlawful discrimination and harassment, and requires that you follow our anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.