Job Number 22082671
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Le Méridien Al Aqah Beach Resort, Dibba Road, Fujairah, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Méridien
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
At Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien.
Process all guest check-ins, verifying guest identity, form of payment, assigning room, and activating/issuing room key. Set up accurate accounts for each guest according to their requirements. Enter Marriott Rewards information. Ensure rates match market codes, document exceptions. Secure payment prior to issuing room key, verify/adjust billing. Compile and review daily reports/logs/contingency lists. Complete cashier and closing reports. Supply guests with directions and property information. Accommodate guest requests, contacting appropriate staff if necessary. Follow up to ensure requests have been met. Process all payment types, vouchers, paid-outs, and charges. Balance and drop receipts. Count and secure bank at beginning and end of shift. Obtain manual authorizations and follow all Accounting procedures. Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Assist management in training, evaluating, counseling, motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process. Develop/maintain positive working relationships; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to employee concerns. Follow company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications; ensure personal appearance is clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge guests; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Ensure adherence to quality standards. Enter and locate information using computers/POS systems. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Previous experience working within a Front Office hotel environment in the 5 star/luxury market is essential
- Having an experience in similar position for at least 12 months preferred
Skills and Knowledge
Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- MICROS, OPERA, GXP, Microsoft Office, FCS or telephone software and other related operating systems
- Flexible and ability to work around the clock
- Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service excellent telephone etiquette
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and working to deadline skills
- Have a complete understanding of the Marriott Reward program Deliver trainings
Education or Certification
- Good level of English/Russian/German is essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position: Have a thorough knowledge of Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort products and services.
- Maintain good working relationship with all hotel departments.
- Have a good knowledge of local area and surrounding facilities. Provide recommendations and direction to guests whenever needed.
- Check House Count to establish selling strategy for the shift. Monitoring it regularly during shift and responding to any changes.
- Ensure daily all forms of communication are used to full capacity and relevant information is handed over to the next shift throughout the shift and briefings.
- Demonstrate and promote quality awareness amongst front office team. Seek ways to improve and maintain guest satisfaction scores for all front desk associates.
- Ensure all require reports are printed, performed and filed according to the standards.
- Ensure smooth check-in and check-out of all guests, and proper handling of all guest accounts.
- Supervise VIP and Marriott Rewards Elite member arrivals. Ensure meet and greet for Elite member.
- Ensure all guest requests are met and special requirements/preferences are taken into account
- Ensure that all arrivals, departures, no shows, extensions, amendments and OPERA related matters are performed on a timely manner in order to avoid further confusion.
- Ensure that all concerned departments are informed in regards of room moves, no-shows, early arrivals, special requests, repeat guests or other guest preferences.
- Be fully aware of Credit Policy and supervise compliance. Inform your manager and concerned departments about any possible credit risks.
- Be familiar and promote Marriott Rewards Program and encourage all front office associates in order to achieve monthly target.
- Have a thorough knowledge on virtual concierge and ensure that all guest requests and information updated in OPERA and communicated to other departments.
- Supervise accurate and thorough Bucket Check.
- Encourage all associates to keep working areas clean and tidy.
- Have a thorough knowledge of OPERA, MARSHA, IMS, GXP and other front office related operational software.
- Be familiar with all S.O.P.s and L.S.O.P.s relating to the front office operations
- Participate in the training and development of front desk associates and provide training to associates when necessary
- Be aware of remedial steps to be taken to rectify Housekeeping discrepancies.
- Support and practice Empowerment within front office
- Understand all front office sections and their operational requirements.
- Run the night operations for the hotel; ensure proper closing of the day and delivery of the reports.
- Identify and resolve guests problems efficiently and resolve to the guest satisfaction
- Have a thorough knowledge of all Emergency Procedures
- Supervise guest registration and all relevant registration details required by the UAE law.
- Assuring that all front office receptionists are continually updated with hotel rates, packages and discounts
- Have a thorough knowledge of Visa policy and procedures and assist in absence of visa coordinator.
- Supervise compliance of FO Receptionists in Cash handling procedures to maintain an accurate float.
- Regularly conduct PCI audits in order to ensure compliance according to Marriott International standards.
- Be security conscious at all times and inform Manager on Duty of anything suspicious.
- Prepare and ensure timely delivery of daily reports to other departments as well as executive office
- Assist in maintaining of bulletin board, or other visual representation, to note any outstanding issues, supply shortages within front office department.
- Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs. Ensure the information is updated and maintained in guest profiles accordingly.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management
- Be flexible according to the business need
- Have an excellent approach to customer service
- Have strong organizational skills; always practice “Clean as you go”
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.