Job Number 22113546
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Coordinates group room reservations and related functions with in-house departments, affiliates, and outside group contacts. Maintain ownership of group blocks, including pickup numbers, reservation methods, billing, and proper treatment of VIP guests. Main responsibility to take care of daily allocation groups and tour series and support Group housing team in daily tasks. Check availability, coordinate with sales, hotel departments and customers to ensure consistency, high level of service and implementing a smooth operation prior to the group’s arrival. Responsible for data collection, inventory and reservation duties. To maintain regular communication between area reservations and the hotel recognizes opportunities to maximize group revenue by up selling and offering enhancements to group rooms. Owner of data integrity and IT processes relevant to the role
More than 2 years of experience in large scale hotel events or accounting department.
Skills and Knowledge
Knowledgeable in conference, events sales and transient pricing.
Communication skills – written & verbal, presentation style.
Uses problem-solving methodology for decision-making and follow up.
Experience and reference from similar role with 2 years’ experience.
Excellent analytical and numerical ability.
Worked previously in reservations or Front Office.
Knowledge of group bookings and Marriott Brand Standards & Processes.
Strong customer development and relationship management skills.
Knowledge of bedroom types and capabilities.
Knowledge of current trends in group management and group’s technology.
Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department.
Strong organizational skills.
Ability to use Microsoft Office software applications and hotel system applications – Opera and Marsha.
Ability to creatively execute against the strategy and drive results – Budget, Yield Management, Cost Management, Balance Scorecard, Business Planning and Inventory management.
Good telephone technique.
Education or Certification
Education; High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience; At least 2 years’ of related work experience
Knowledge of hotel systems-Opera, Marsha, Group Housing Solutions
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Rooms Reservations Processing
- Accurately process reservations, changes, and cancellations via correspondence of group rooming lists or by any other media so selected by group client, and approved by the hotel.
- Load group blocks in MARSHA and Opera, including booking suites following the established booking procedures.
- Accurately process VIP and staff reservations, including complimentary rooms.
- Review group resumes and group cover sheets and rooming lists to ensure accuracy and fulfill any special requests.
- Be able to process and build/take from blocks for affiliate groups, including tracking and maintaining inventory.
- Accurately update forecast Snapshots in Opera, including own individual groups
General Rooming and Group Billing
- Classify, record, and summarize rooming and billing data to compile and keep rooming and billing records.
- Understand and facilitate the process of overflow rooms with Event Manager and group contact.
- Attend all pre-convention meetings related to specific group and housing procedures.
- Be available on the major arrival dates for all assigned groups, including assisting the front desk with any issues that arise regarding group.
- Communicate weekly with Revenue Managers and Event Managers as to the status of the groups.
- Work closely with group contacts, maintaining open lines of communication regarding changes in status of each group, i.e. pickup, slippage, cutoff dates, etc.
- Record, store, and/or analyze information using property software.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Complete reports as specified.
- Manages bedrooms only groups.
- Manages other Familiarization reservations and social event reservations as requested.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
This list is meant to be representative of the common responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not exhaustive. Management reserves the right to revise this job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.