Job Number 22123789
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
To welcome and escort our Guests, ensure that their arrival/departure is engaged and handled as per brand standards of Marriott International, focus on ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represent hotel Guest Relations section in resolving any guest or hotel related situation. Maintain the flow of guest traffic, maintaining interaction, and direct guests within the Lobby and Breakfast Areas. Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports – 0
- Titles of Direct Reports – 0
- Previous experience working within a similar role in a 5-star environment preferred
- Hotel/hospitality experience in the Middle East will be an added value
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing), innovative, pro-active and reliable, outgoing personality and outstanding guest service skills.
- Ability to go the extra mile, to provide the extra attention in order to satisfy guests’ individual needs and wants.
- Professional image and personality including confidence.
- Knowledge of local area, local attractions, entertainment and landmarks
- Knowledge of hotel room types, layouts and features
- Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service.
- Excellent telephone etiquette, Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization, planning and working to deadline skills.
- Have a complete understanding of the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Ability to use Opera, GXP and other operating systems
Education or Certification
- Higher Secondary Education.
- Good level of English essential – both written and spoken.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Welcome all guests with a smile and maintain a professional approach at all times.
- Ensuring the authentic service representation in lobby are inline and consistent service.
- Establish a positive relationship with repeat guests whilst maintaining a professional and attentive manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of all guest information.
- 15/6 rule is followed by own self and all associates for all guests interactions.
- Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations, check daily event sheet, bulletin boards and be up to date with all changes, new procedure and events.
- Attend the shift briefing, daily 15 minutes training and front office monthly meeting.
- Be flexible in regards to work schedule.
- Strive to represent Marriott in the most professional manner at all times.
- Check guest relation amenities, GXP cases and other as required by operation.
- Keep yourself informed with all VIP arrivals.
- Managing the efficiency of engagement and closer of the cases.
- Decision maker for lobby traffic escalation to senior leaders of Front office.
- Be the driving force at guest relations to meet and greet all guest arriving and departing from the hotel.
- Monitors group movements to arrange human signage for at lift landing areas.
- Assist with hospitality audits and conduct on bi weekly basis.
- Keeps knowledge of all guest requests waiting, resolved by agents and converses, and escalate with guest for an exempted waiting time.
- Interacts with guest at breakfast areas for wellness during stay, understands requirements and assist accordingly.
- Personally takes initiative to involve issues relevant to guest relations operations
- Conduct familiarization tour for new joiners and there training matrix follow-ups.
- Maintains accuracy of break timings and serve themselves as a role model for others.
- Takes initiative through empowerment, ensures guests satisfaction and conducts briefing as and when requested.
- Be familiar with local area and location of company offices, banking institutions, Shopping malls, Restaurants, etc.
- Is informed about all elite members’ arrivals of the day.
- Craft tailor-made amenities for guest based on their special occasions.
- Ensures availability of stationaries and there usage regularity for all guest interactions.
- Keeps informed Front Desk Manager / Duty Manager for any incident.
- Personal appearance & grooming that complies with standard.
- Takes initiatives to book hotel restaurants and outlets.
- Keenly focused guest voice matrix and its requirement.
- Be flexible about work schedule.
- Have knowledge about the city and local attraction to answer any guest query.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Adheres to the compliance of booking high risk activities, tours, and transport to those contracted by the hotel and follows Marriott Verbiage if any other requests made by guest directly for other companies.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name at all times.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.