Job Number 22108681
Job Category Golf, Fitness, & Entertainment
Location Le Méridien Al Aqah Beach Resort, Dibba Road, Fujairah, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Ensure the safety of all guests using the pool and pool areas & adhered to guideline set on Safety and hygiene. Keep the area clean and well maintained. Ensure water hygiene and safety standards are met with basic equipment.
Promote, sell spa services and introduce spa to the guests at pool area including retail offerings related to the Spa and recreation. Frequently check with guest to promote comfort, safety and security. Clean, check and maintain pool areas. Frequency checks pool equipment at the end of the shift. Handle inappropriate guest behavior by following Marriott International standard operating procedures. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors, Spa Assistant Manager and Spa Manager.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, and human capital index and market share.
- To ensure that you are always courteous and friendly to guests, attentive to their needs, handle problems in a professional manner and are conscious of the importance of safety.
- To be responsible for the safety and well-being of all Hotel guests and Club members using the swimming pool, Jacuzzi and surrounding facilities.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of all areas and equipment.
- To welcome prospective members in a professional and courteous manner, providing them with a full explanation and orientation of the swimming pool, Jacuzzi, pool bar and surrounding facilities, together with the services available and to promote and sell memberships.
- To control the use of the facilities and ensure that un-authorized persons are not permitted to enter and use the swimming pool facilities unless they are a Hotel guest or Club member.
- To liaise with the pool bar associates and waiters/waitresses in providing food and beverage service to Hotel guests and Club members and to assist the Food & Beverage Department when setting up for pool-side functions.
- To liaise with the Recreation Manager/Supervisor in setting up and running a time table of swimming lessons, aqua aerobics etc. and to help organize special events i.e. swimming gala etc.
- To keep daily record books and log all information such as pool test results, accident reports, complaints, maintenance requirements etc.
- To provide first aid treatment in the event of any accident or injury to a guest or Club member.
- To be responsible in the event of staff sickness, emergency etc. to carry out cleaning duties in any part of the Health club or swimming pool area as requested by the Recreation Manager/Supervisor.
- To carry out duties allocated by the Cleaning supervisor
- Moving sun beds, umbrellas and pool furniture
- Cleaning pool deck every morning with housekeeping team.
- Keep pool deck and change rooms clean and tidy during the day.
- Enforcing all club rules and ensuring a safe environment for all guests using the pool facilities.
- Checking pool chemical twice daily and monitoring the results.
- Report any chemical imbalance to engineering
- To be aware of Health and safety regulations
- Any other assigned task
- Complete your daily checklist.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.