Do you have a passion for applying cutting edge technologies and automation in traditionally manual processes? Do you have experience in finding innovative solutions to scale security controls across diverse teams and technologies? Do you have ideas about influencing the future of security assurance? At Amazon, Security is our highest priority. Come, join a creative team at Security Assurance dedicated to demonstrating the security controls of the services we offer here.
At Amazon’s scale, we are committed to inventing new ways to provide the highest level of assurance to our most regulatory conscious customers. You have a strong foundation in audit principles, as well as a diverse technology background. As part of the team, you will work with customers and regulators to demonstrate AWS’ security controls applicable to local requirements. You will join our team in helping customers understand how our infrastructure is designed, operated, maintained, and protected in accordance with global regulated industry standards. You will help inspire, lead, and transform our audit and compliance programs through innovative process engineering across multiple organizations and teams, engaging technical and non-technical stakeholders throughout the company. Your combination of technical and audit background will help bridge security, technology, and compliance, and facilitate the scale of the program. The successful candidate is one who loves working across many stakeholders, including internal and external customers, to design solutions for complex compliance challenges. You are passionate about the security of the cloud and you want to solve real business problems. We have a team culture that encourages ownership, diversity, inclusion, and innovation.
We expect team members and management alike to take a high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. We expect this person to balance their unique perspective with those of the diverse perspectives of the team and its stakeholders. You will have an opportunity to work directly with senior leadership within Amazon to improve our ability to demonstrate assurance for regulated customers. You should be a technically experienced and innovative security, compliance, and audit professional who has the ability to understand IT processes, communicate clearly and transparently with customers, and to be able to drive innovative process changes through multiple organizations and teams. In this role, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Dive deep into the Amazon control environment to develop broad domain and technical understanding of our security activities and control implementations to articulate compliance implications to both customers and internal/external audit functions.
- Develop understanding of regulated industry compliance requirements and communicate how we control activities to meet global regulatory obligations.
- Liaise with customers, regulators and auditors, articulate control implementation, and describe considerations for applying security and compliance concepts to monitor, evaluate, and continuously improve the organization by being a trusted advisor, facilitator and creative problem solver.
- Implement continuous improvements to the security organization and the program management process. Share program/project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organization.
- Apply a working knowledge of global information security regulation and policy to articulate customer and control impact and drive alignment to Amazon controls.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Bachelors, Masters or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Auditing, Cybersecurity or other related fields
- 10+ years of experience in performing and/or participating in IT audits and assessments of highly technical cloud-based environments
- 10+ years working in highly regulated industries (e.g. financial services, healthcare, and energy, telecommunications), including direct audits in the UAE, Europe or Africa.
- IT audit and/or security consulting experience with a Big Four (or similar) organization
- One or more industry-recognized security, cloud, or audit professional certifications (e.g., CISA, CISM, CISSP, CCSP, AWS Cloud Security Practitioner)
- Solid technical background will some demonstrable understanding of cloud services/deployment architecture (ideally AWS cloud services offering)
- Experience auditing cloud environments
- A record of delivery of IT process improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies
- Experience in IT program or project management, IT auditing, and/or control framework development and implementation
- Experience building certification roadmaps based on customer requirements, compliance documentation, and ensuring that committed assessments are delivered on schedule
- Experience in performing technical assessments and audits of network, operating systems, application security, and auditing IT processes
- A detailed understanding of evaluating the design and effectiveness of IT controls and experience working with auditors/regulators for these types of assessments
- An understanding of the MEA compliance landscape
- Hands-on experience working successfully in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Strong bias for action with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
This role can be based in the United Arab Emirates (Dubai) or London (UK). This role may require up to 20% travel, including some international travel.
About Amazon Web Services MENA FZ
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow.