Job Number 22119143
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
As the local, on property sales contact for New Business and low demand periods, the Multi-Property Assistant Sales Manager is responsible for proactively soliciting new business in the Catering, Group and transient segments locally. Actively up sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity and drives Catering Space Occupancy & Revenue and Group/Transient Room Nights & Revenue into low demand periods. Achieves personal and team related revenue and room night goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai / Al Maha, A Luxury Collection Desert Resort and Spa/ Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort
- Number of Direct Reports – 0
- Titles of Direct Reports – N/A
- Sales & Admin experience, ideally in the International market and ability to demonstrate strong client relationships in the catering, corporate and corporate group segment.
- Solid sales & account managements skills are essential, with a strong knowledge of group & banqueting trends and procedures. A good researcher, negotiator and client focused approach is required.
- The candidate should be able to show strong knowledge of constructing and executing sales & client action plans.
- There should be excellent communication (verbal & written) skills, confident presentation ability and a second language would be an advantage.
- Direct sales experience is essential (including skills in dealing with travel/event decision makers) with experience in the group/catering sales market a desirable asset
Skills and Knowledge
- Report writing & project management skills
- A strong knowledge of upscale, deluxe hotels
- Possesses excellent telephone sales skills
- Excellent selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can effectively up sell products and services; can bring a sale to closure
- Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all brands
- Knowledge of all Marriott Lodging products, cultures and brand strategies
- Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
- Knowledge of the hotels & company pricing policies, as well as negotiation guidelines
- Knowledge of food trends, food and beverage composition and menu planning
- Knowledge of food and beverage forecasting and attrition (Catering focused)
- Knowledge of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
- Strong customer and development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of group, extended stay and transient business
- Understands revenue management functions and account profitability
- Effective decision making skills
- Ability to influence others
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong presentation and platform skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Knowledge of overall hotels operations as they affect department
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems including Opera, Fidelio, SFA, etc.
Education or Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Hospitality Management Degree beneficial
- Hotel sales & marketing related courses
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Market Sales, Strategic Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Plays a proactive part in the Sales Strategy Meeting and is aware of selling requirements, restrictions and actions stemming from this meeting.
- Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the hotels that are outside parameters of the Event Booking Center. Handles all opportunities if hotels does not participate in an EBC.
- Proactively identifies, qualifies and solicits new group/catering business to achieve personal and hotels revenue goals.
- Ensures that the correct contracts and administration are completed and filed in an orderly fashion, to give quick access to client information.
- Utilize Opera/SFA to manage sales & account relationships, as well as group/banqueting bookings. Ensure that information is correct, up to date and the database is current.
- Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the hotels based on market conditions and hotel’s needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Effectively develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
- Effectively manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control hotels occupancy.
- Effectively use sales resources and administrative/support staff.
- Conducts site inspections.
- Creates contracts as required.
- Works with the Revenue Management Team to ensure that correct tracking data is collected and recorded.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management and Hotels Operations Team.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers; continuously strives to improve service performance.
- Reviews meeting planner results to understand level of guest satisfaction; continuously strives to improve service performance.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotels and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.