Job Requisition ID: 134381
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
The Sales Assistant participates to the brand development and acts as the ambassador of the brand.
What you will do
Client advisor & service expert
- Greet, serve and advice all customers in a personalized way
- Able to present & sell the whole product range by developing strong product knowledge
- Be proactively involved in cross and up-selling on all products in his / her category, and able to introduce new categories
- Offer personalized services
- Communicate and deal with all different customer levels and nationalities
- Achieve individual sales target and contribute to the achievement of store target
- Be an ambassador of the brand history, culture, quality and know how
Building Customer relation
- Build, strengthen and follow-up relationships to existing customers and acquire new customers
- Collect / register and update information in the customer database / client book
- Participate in customer events
- Inform customers on new products and share feedback with management
- Operate the Retail Pro system, in all areas relating to sales transactions, cash handling, stock inquiry and customer database input and participate in inventories
- Respect the in-store display and stock / back-office organization
- Respect grooming / policies and procedures / internal control
- Hands on involvement in store operation (replenishment, standards, delivery)
Required skills to be successful
- Retail operational skills (stock, VM, systems, cash…)
- Customer service and results oriented
- Excellent relationship skills
- Integrity and trust
- Proactive with good team spirit and able to take initiatives
- Computer skills.
What equips you for the role
- Min 2 years of experience in retail or hospitality industry
- Good Knowledge of the fashion/beauty industry trends
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…
About Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles. Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the automotive, finance, retail, and real estate industries, and we are now 42,000 people strong.