As Principal Solutions Architect, you will be a Thought Leader in the MENA region and all of Amazon Web Services (AWS) existing and potential customers. You will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon CloudFront, just to name a few).
Your broad responsibilities will include: mentoring an elite technical team; aligning to support priorities of the larger customer facing team; working closely with account management and business development roles to help grow the AWS business; support technical engagements and help refining AWS methodology to drive broad adoption of the AWS platform; ensuring the team has deep expertise in AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
Principal Solutions Architects work on the most complex customer challenges and opportunities. They have a leading role in developing both the strategy and the team itself. They combine an informed view of the market with their understanding of emerging technology trends to speed-up innovation across their customer segment. Externally, they are recognized thought leaders and influence the strategy of our customers. Internally, they earn a reputation of role models and deliver bar-raising guidance to the broader Solutions Architecture team.
The ideal candidate possesses a track record of developing and mentoring senior technical professionals; supporting and working in close partnership with account management and other functions to plan and execute the AWS strategy; customer facing skills that will allow them to facilitate relationship within the customer’s environment especially with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Work directly with strategic customers to accelerate their challenging, mission-critical projects and recommend best-practice architectures in line with their long-term business outcomes
· Build technical relationships with (up to the C-suite) and operate as their trusted advisor. The best interests of the customer will shape the guidance you provide.
· Share the voice of the customer to inform the roadmap of AWS features. Proactively work within the organization to influence the evolution of the platform
· Take a leading role in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
· Evangelize and educate about AWS and industry trends (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
· Help develop the technical elements of the AWS go-to-market strategy, and the plan to engage with customers and partners, within your area of responsibility.
· Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by interviewing candidates and having a voice in hiring decisions. You will also be helping others develop new skills by mentoring team members and identifying talent needs in the organization.
· Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and your customer’s outcomes.
· Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
· Experience driving technical and/or organizational change of significant complexity
· Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
· Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
· Passion for technology and for learning
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
· Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems – either on premises or in the cloud
· Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
· In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads (SAP, VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
· Experience working with C-suite and IT ecosystem (SIs, ISVs, industry trends)
· Experience working in a customer-facing role
· Experience with public speaking
· AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
· Continued or advanced learning (Master, MBA, PhD or equivalent)
· Fluent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
About Amazon Web Services MENA FZ
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow.