At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
Working with cross-functional teams, you will be responsible for defining and optimizing MENA procurement processes. You will be handling procurement operations, and act as conduit between third party vendors, service/tech teams and internal Amazon partners. You will leverage data to provide insights, establish baseline metrics, simplify complex data reporting and collaborate with business teams to drive impact against our business objectives.
The ideal candidate is customer-obsessed and passionate about driving operational efficiencies. This role requires a self-starter with strong analytical skills, keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and track record of influencing business partners. Ability to work with cross-disciplinary teams, gather business needs and propose solution, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Key job responsibilities
• Work closely with Procurement Process and Performance (PPP) Manager to understand data needs to run the program.
• Create reporting and key performance metrics to measure and monitor procurement function across the organization.
• Provide data analysis support and maintain regular metrics reporting to help stakeholders gain insights into the program
• Construct and maintain business intelligence dashboard, visualization and reports
• Collaborate and partner with various teams to acquire and link new data from production systems or between databases.
• Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
• Help identify process improvement opportunities to build streamlined and scalable solutions
• 3+ years’ experience in a role utilizing analytic skills in a business analyst, data analyst or financial analyst role
• 3+ years’ experience in SQL and Excel (including Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, Macro Visual Basic Advance etc.)
• 3+ years’ experience developing SOP requirements and process flows
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical problems in simple plain stories. Ability to present information professionally & concisely with supporting data.
• Hands on experience of SQL and knowledge of statistical analysis tools and techniques
• Prior experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting (Tableau, QuickSight, Power BI)
• Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization
• SQL proficiency – experience writing SQL statements and ability to manipulate a massive amount of data, creating dashboards/on demand reports
• 3+ years of experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, QuickSight, Qlikview, Power BI)
• 3+ years of experience with a modern programming language (e.g., Ruby, R, Python, etc.)
• Ability to perform complex data analysis in R/R studio is a plus.
• Knowledge of Python-Selenium is a plus
• Knowledge of statistical modelling and ML techniques is a plus.
• Ability to triage operational issues with both business and technical stakeholders, establish root cause, and propose quality improvement mechanisms
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Statistics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, or Computer and Information Science required.
About Q-Express Documents Transport (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."