Job Requisition ID: 137224
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
To provide executive administrative support for TRU in a pro-active manner and with minimal supervision. The primary focus of this role is registering of all Toys products within the UAE & non UAE regions with the regulatory bodies of each region by providing the standard documentation in accordance with the requirement, approved by the principle.
What you will do
- Work closely with merchandising team to obtain full list of ordered lines for each season
- Provide list of lines for which registration documentations are required on a shipment seasonal basis
- To check the validity of the relevant certificate (Test report) at the first port of entry in the GCC common market.
- Update & advise TRU on various documentation requirement for each region
- Coordinate with TRU registration team to ensure all documentation is dispatched to all regions well in advance of the inbound deliveries to the warehouse or retail TRU stores.
- Maintain tracker for withdrawal, termination or expiry of the certificate and immediately cease to use the relevant GCTS until a new certificate is issued or renewed.
- Follow up with stores in each region on regular if documentations have been received
- Register all lines within the UAE by following the online system of the Ministry of Health
- Gather samples from warehouse/stores & submit to Ministry for approval
- Continuous follow up & tracking of line level registration in UAE and other GCC countries with the relevant regulatory authority
- Follow up with each of the regions on their individual registration status on a line level basis
- Once stock has arrived, work with warehouse team to derive items without GCTS- QR codes on each & every item in order to obtain Certificate of Analysis
- Coordinate with TRU/Vendors as case may be to obtain the Certificate of Analysis (TR’s – test reports) documents for all lines with correct information
- Maintain tracker to monitor all SKU’s with and W/O GCTS certificates and update weekly to the TRU Buying team
- Certificate of Analysis (GCTS QR codes/TR’s) to be distributed to all regions that require same for shipment processing
- Give list of lines to translator/agency for Arabic translation
- Coordinate with translator/agency to get all lines translated to Arabic in a timely manner
- Maintain tracker to monitor live level translation done & time incurred
- Update & follow up with warehouse to ensure Arabic sticker and GCTS labels are printed for all shipments where required
- Ensure all registration documents are in order for processing each & every shipment to each region
- Ensure no shipments are held up due to registration issues
- Maintain & manage clear communication & tracking documents for all region registration process
- Weekly update on registration for all regions to be communicated to the management
- Oversee work of the other registration specialist & translator & ensure all work is being completed accurately & in a timely manner.
- Network with other AF business registration specialist and COE team in all matters pertaining to product registration
- Establish & streamline the registration process within the business so that the flow of data & tasks between each location is seamless (Toys R Us, stores, warehouse)
Required skills to be successful
- Highly organized, attention to detail
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Work under pressure
- Proactive and flexible
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Interpersonal skills ability to interact professionally with high level executives on regular basis
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
What equips you for the role
- Knowledge on MENA registration process
- Good working experience on MS Office Applications, especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…
About Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles. Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the automotive, finance, retail, and real estate industries, and we are now 42,000 people strong.