Job Requisition ID: 134965
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
We are currently looking for experienced Reception Supervisors to work for Al Futtaim GTlobal Aftersales in Dubai. The main responsibility of this role is to delivering customer excellence and build a strong relationship with the customers with the aim of being the Auto Center of choice for all makes/all models vehicles.
The role is also responsible to handle every facet of the site and work with Site Service Manager/Regional Manager to run an efficient and profitable Auto Center through cost controls, achievement of operation & financial objectives & KPI and the maintenance of all service records.
What you will do
- Work with the Service Manager to ensure that the strategic plan for the business is implemented which increases the retention of customers via exceptional levels of customer satisfaction
- Organise, direct and control the activities of the site to exceed budgets, ensuring optimum use of all personnel and facilities resource
- Plan, direct and supervise all aspects of the site operations, ensuring full utilization of the facility and resources
- Ensure technical and process support to all staff and customers to ensure the “Fix it Right” ratio is maximized
- Ensure that the site stock and inventory levels are in order to maintain an efficient and operational site
- Control the issue of spares parts on a daily basis, ensuring all issues are recorded on the appropriate service/repair order, communicating with the correct channels to ensure the necessary replenishment of stock.
- Establish and maintain process ensuring that all vehicle repair and other work is carried out within an operational framework and to a standard that meets or exceeds all relevant legislation, good practice guidelines and delivers first class customer service.
Required skills to be successful
- Minimum 2 years of Reception Supervisor/ Manager experience in the automotive industry
- Experienced in managing the operations on a day to day basis
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Diploma
- Excellent MS Office skills
About the team
The role will report to the Service Manager and you will be working in a busy workshop environment wherein you will be dealing liaising with the workshop team, and to be on hand to answer any queries from other departments and customers.
What equips you for the role
The ideal candidate for this role should have a
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or any technical automotive related field
- 2-3 years’ recent experience as a Reception Supervisor or Manager in the automotive industry
- Ability to communicate effectively and must have a strong analytical, communication and inter-personal skills alongside with supervisory competence
- Excellent knowledge in MS Office is a must have for this role.
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers – right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
About Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles. Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the automotive, finance, retail, and real estate industries, and we are now 42,000 people strong.