Job Number 22129002
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
To perform scheduled preventative maintenance in guest rooms, (PPM/MRT) and/or guest corridors as required, including flipping/inspecting mattresses, box springs and assembling bed frames, vacuuming bulkheads, repairing carpets and upholstery, touch-up painting, touch-up furniture ensuring that all necessary hardware and appliances are present in the room and in working order, replacing light fixtures, and inspecting and repairing grout and caulking. Maintain, repair and clean all guest rooms in accordance with the property room preventative maintenance procedures and standard guidelines.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports – 0
- Titles of Direct Reports –
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience in a 5-star property
Skills and Knowledge
- Basics of engineering drawing
- Ability to Troubleshoot and perform basic repair of in-room equipment, fixtures & appliances
- Good understanding of Electrical, Air conditioning, Plumbing systems; and Carpentry/Masonry
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical Tools and Instrumentation
- Knowledge of Lock/Tag Out Protocol, OSHA and other safety procedures
- Understanding of maintenance inventory and requisition of parts and Guestroom supplies as needed.
- Excellent ability to verbally communicate with guests (and co-workers) to resolve maintenance issues with little to no supervision
Education or Certification
- Minimum Technical, Trade or Vocational Certificate/Diploma or equivalent
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Follow guest room preventive maintenance checklist to individually complete room’s preventative maintenance process for guest rooms in efficient and effective manner.
- Responsible for engineering related guest room requests and response in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all Work Order, PPM & General Maintenance works are executed, as directed by the immediate supervisor
- To keep Housekeeping / Front Office informed of issues preventing the sale of a room
- To familiarize with the operation of the Guest ware enterprise system and check the system daily.
- To retain daily logs for all work carried out and spares requested/ordered.
- Ensure all the portable appliances in the room are PAT tested
- Maintain engineering area is safe, kept clean and in an orderly manner. Keep close coordination with other engineering staff for smooth operation. Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor
- Participate in departmental meetings and training etc.
- Assist in energy conservation program, as assigned
- Comply with hotel and corporate LSOP’s and SOP’s.
- To attend all safety and fire training and adhere to safety instructions at work to prevent any accidents.
- Serve as an active member of hotel emergency response team.
- Take active role in the TQM process.
- To ensure that you maintain a high level of hospitality and guest concern. Practice at all times “Empowerment” and do whatever it takes to satisfy the guest.
- Accident prevention and safety to be aware of all existing departmental job safety analysis and to strive to work in an accident free manner and to create a safe working environment for himself and for others.
- Maintain high standard of GSS and Brand standard for guest rooms and related areas.
- To carry out other job assignments given by DOE or designate, as business demands.
Safety and Security
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- The physical ability to stand and or walk frequently.
- The physical ability to climb on a ladder or scaffolding to heights in excess of 10’, balance, and work above the shoulder frequently.
- The physical ability to occasionally bend/stoop, kneel, crouch, and squat in order to operate and maintain the Plant and Equipment.
- The physical ability to use both hands for frequent grasping and occasional fine manipulation
- The physical ability to frequently carry up to 50 pounds of weight distances of up to 600 feet; and to frequently lift up to 50 pounds of weight from the floor to above the shoulders.
- The physical ability to occasionally push and pull various items, such as equipment, tools etc.
- The physical ability to work at heights for extended periods of time and to tolerate required personal protective equipment such as steel toed shoes, work gloves, safety glasses, ear protection, dust masks, safety belts and safety shoes on a continuous basis.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.