As the first contact person to the school, the receptionist ensures positive customers satisfaction during all interactions with existing and potential parents, visitors, staff, and students.
- Provide an accurate and full range of information within the category requested (location, curriculum, admission procedure – including the booking of tours, tour information, administration, structure, etc..) to ensure the delivery of a quality customer service experience to all callers or visitors to the school.
- Respond to telephone calls and inquiries courteously and be able to direct calls to appropriate school personnel as part of the customer service provider for the school.
- Relate courteously with visitors and provide the appropriate welcome to the school to ensure a positive customer service experience.
- Actively support the Admissions team by contacting inquiries and conversion of new leads to enrolments and updating it in the system (CRM), cross-selling to other GEMS schools with open seats, conducting school tours wherever necessary, and assist in enrolment events as and when required.
- Maintain open lines of communication to new & prospective parents ensuring that their concerns and feedback are handled effectively and efficiently; liaising with other school personnel as required.
- Complete administration and secretarial tasks as assigned to support the broader Front of House team to achieve their objectives.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient secretarial skills, and extensive knowledge & experience with MS office programmes
- A minimum of two to three years experience working as a receptionist or in a customer service-focused role or in hospitality.
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to multi-task and cope with peaks of demand
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Must enjoy public contact and dealing with customers face to face
- Exceptional English skills, both verbal and written
- Bi-lingual is an advantage
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced checks.
An excellent remuneration package is available for successful candidate including; a competitive tax free salary, premium medical insurance and life insurance, working permit and residence visa, flight allowance, tuition fee concession at one other GEMS schools, 52 days yearly annual leave and other benefits in line with the UAE Labour Law.
In addition to these, we offer:
· The opportunity to shape the future of a highly significant IB programme. The IB programmes at GEMS World Academy are unique and exciting
· A collaborative team with an excellent support system
· An excellent programme of continuing professional development
· The opportunity to develop personally and professionally
· A commitment to staff wellbeing, including access to all of our sports facilities, weekly fitness sessions, and staff social events
· GEMS Rewards which offers a package of benefits for staff such as retail discounts, savings on gym membership, cinema tickets and many other offers
- About GEMS
Trusted for over 60 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 170,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division.
- About the School
The International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes are at the heart of GEMS World Academy and are internationally renowned as rigorous and challenging courses in which students develop rapidly both personally and academically. The IB Programme is widely considered the gold standard of education, and GEMS World Academy is looking for talented and innovative individuals to join our highly successful team of over 136 teachers, 80 teaching assistants and 44 administrative and support staff and to contribute to the already successful outcomes for our community. GEMS World Academy-Dubai (GWA) is a private, co-educational IB World School for PreK to Grade 12 students. Established in 2008 as a member of GEMS Education, the Academy is authorised to deliver the PYP, MYP, DP and CP programmes, and is also accredited by the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). We serve a multi-ethnic community in the heart of Dubai. Our ethos is grounded in the IB Learner Profile; we encourage intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and foster a real sense of communal endeavour. The Academy has gained national and international recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, as well as its aspirational and inclusive vision. As a member of the GWA community you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy whilst working alongside an exceptionally talented group of teachers and leaders.
For further details about GEMS World Academy, Dubai please visit: https://www.gemsworldacademy-dubai.com
To learn more please visit http://www.gemsworldacademy-dubai.com/
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
2. Passport-size photograph
About GEMS Education
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.