Job Number 22054041
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Europe Office – London, Barnard’s Inn 86 Fetter Lane, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
As a member of the EMEA Business Analysis & Growth Initiatives team the Sr. Analyst will play an integral role in providing financial analysis support that enables EMEA leadership to make business decisions that drive overall business results and create the most shareholder value.
The Sr. Analyst will provide support to Development, Asset Management, Development Asset Management and other Continent discipline leaders on key valuation issues including evaluation of potential new hotel development projects; supporting workout resolutions; providing financial and operational analysis support on strategic initiatives, developing financial models to assess the viability of initiatives and maximize value to key stakeholders, contributing to the budget and long range plan processes, providing return on investment analysis to support property DOFs / GMs. The Sr. Analyst will also contribute to the evaluation of both new hotel development projects and asset management situations consistently delivering value-added error-free valuations in line with the Company’s requirements and policies.
As part of the Finance organization, the Sr. Analyst will coordinate with and support multiple stakeholders including continent and corporate leadership and discipline teams (e.g., Operations, Franchise Services, Sales & Marketing, Planning & Transformation) and external stakeholders. They must be adept at tapping diverse sources of information, anticipating challenges, and devising and executing approaches to deliver against current and future business priorities, thereby strengthening Marriott’s competitive advantage through excellence in financial management.
- Provide analysis for the evaluation of potential new hotel development projects, accurately preparing financial analyses and valuations of proposed transactions moderate in scope. Present to senior executives as required.
- Support the structuring of alternative proposals and the evaluation of the financial impact of alternative proposals/ workout resolutions including financial valuation, contract summarization, and situational analysis on properties or larger portfolios.
- Support Asset Management in relation to Owner’s due diligence in line with Corporate policies, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to obtain required information and resolve issues as they arise.
- Provide analytical support analyses in relation to Continent’s Strategic Initiatives, annual budget and Long Range Plan ensuring the right financial approaches and resources are brought to bear. Support internal stakeholders, anticipate challenges, demonstrate flexibility and provide pragmatic solutions.
- Lead and / or support the review process in relation to ROI analyses prepared by properties for submission to Owners, challenging assumptions and providing value –added advice to GMs and DOFs.
- Support development of actionable financial/business recommendations and responses to optimize performance and drive growth and profitability.
- Champion excellence in business ethics and integrity, social responsibility, cross-cultural effectiveness, and associate engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Key Talents and Experience
- Minimum of 3-4 years relevant work experience including complex data analysis and financial modeling.
- Strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of technical corporate finance and valuation concepts (NPV, IRR, cost of capital).
- Strong spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software skills. Ability to process, organize and exploit large volumes of data and create concise analyses.
- Strong attention to details; ability to consistently prepare and deliver accurate analyses and presentations.
- Strong accounting skills, particularly in analyzing hotel-level financial statements.
- Knowledge of Marriott typical agreements (i.e. franchise, management agreements) preferred but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing; listens to others and effectively comprehends information.
- Responsive; ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- Results oriented; delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure.
Education and Professional Certification
- Baccalaureate degree required
- MBA or other finance certification (e.g., ACA, CIMA, CFA) preferred
- London, Dubai, or Frankfurt
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.