Job Requisition ID: 130481
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
This is a mid-management role with specific focus on steering the accounting and financial processes of Al Futtaim Industrial Equipment business.
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Management and Control
– To deliver monthly closure of books of accounts as per the group accounting policies. Approval and supervision of monthly provision entries as per business requirements.
– Contribute to the development of business management through monthly reviews and recommendation of improvement initiatives.
– Review and initiate cost saving measures in the business.
– Support business in making commercial decisions by providing financial acumen.
– Review contracts for large B2B customers and actively participate in pricing the tenders etc for the business
– Support business with collections and interfering wherever there are reconciliation issues
– Ensure compliance of laws and regulations like VAT etc
– Ensure compliance of IFRS for revenue booking, cost and expenses.
– Ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial processes
– Liaise with various AF Group departments like Group Legal, EIT, Group Admin, Group HR, etc.
– Liase with AF Group companies for IHF (long term and short term)
– Supervision of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Inventory and petty cash activities.
– Review insurance policies for the company and come up with the optimum policies.
– Conduct order study for optimal ordering.
– Manage SAP system related changes to ensure compliance of invoice formats and accounting processes.
– Design and implement best practices and process improvements within the Financial Reporting, Accounting and Financial Controlling processes
– Review accounting policies and suggest improvements if required
– Evaluate Business decisions and review financial impacts
– Review and reconciliation of BS accounts
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
– Accounting professional qualification (CA/CPA/MBA Finance) with proven expertise in Financial and Management accounting
– Strong core finance technical skills, processes and systems
– Experience with ERP (preferably SAP, BPC)
– Proficiency in MS Office (Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint/MS Projects)
– 8 to 10 years of well-rounded experience in the field of Finance & Accounting
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
About Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles. Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the automotive, finance, retail, and real estate industries, and we are now 42,000 people strong.