At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
Amazon Middle East and North Africa Tech team focuses on building innovative solutions for expanding Amazon business in UAE, KSA and Egypt. We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer who can build innovative & mission critical system software applications & tools. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products. You will be responsible for delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 8+ years of software development experience
· Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD) best practices and principles.
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving, distributed systems, and complexity analysis
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Self-directed an capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
· Experience with Agile software development in a UNIX/Linux environment
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Strong problem solving, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Architecture skills, knowledge of design patterns, and strong fundamentals.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
· Experience developing Restful web services and complex software systems that have been successfully delivered.
· Experience working with cloud architecture, web services, and web sites
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces, data stores, cloud technologies, and back-end systems.
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
· You are the type of person that quickly wins the respect of peers, and jumps at the chance to share knowledge and mentor.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, we believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
About Amazon Middle East and NA FZ
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."
East and NA FZ