At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for Software Development Managers to be based in Amman, Jordan with 7+ years of solid Software engineering experience involving solving complex problems, to work on some of the key initiatives planned to support our rapid evolution and growth of Amazon International Expansion Business. and in the process solve some of the most challenging problems.
We are looking for a seasoned software development manager to lead and drive the team’s technical direction, strategizing and shaping our long-term vision and architecture:
· You will own major deliverables end-to-end, drive roadmaps, and provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
· You’ll be responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact.
· Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the vendors community that helps them succeed in their business goals.
· Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
· Project management – prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments.
· Operational Excellence – monitoring & operation of production services.
· Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 7+ years of experience as a software developer
· 5+ years of software development manager experience
· Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact
· Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the seller community that helps them succeed in their business goals.
· A thorough understanding of software development in a team and a strong track record of shipping software
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
· Project management – prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
· Experience managing front-end, back-end, and services-oriented software systems
· Graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) in Computer Science or related field
· 10+ years’ professional experience in software development
· Experience building and operating mission critical, highly scalable distributed softwares and systems
· Prior knowledge of vendors management, Software arabization and RTL
· Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams
About Amazon Middle East and NA FZ
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."
East and NA FZ