: Africa & Middle East-United Arab Emirates-Dubai
: 05/Jul/2022, 10:27:41 AM
APPRO is a new fintech start-up by Standard Chartered Ventures , that aims to simplify the on-boarding journey of customers in retail banking.
For individuals looking for new products and credit recommendations, APPRO will provide a quick, easy application process and fast results.
This is a rare opportunity to join a fresh tech company backed by an established financial institution. We are looking for nimble, hardworking and outcome-oriented individuals to join us in this exciting journey to rewire the DNA of Retail banking.
Appro’s Solution Architect needs to design and deliver systems for complex custom projects using the latest technologies, and to build application that transcend today’s digital world and fundamentally enable change for our Fintech businesses.
- Be the expert to construct total solutioning proposal includes USP (Unique Selling Point) of offering and pricing, high level scope of both functional and technical requirements, data and security blueprint, resources planning and timeline during pre-sales stage
- Design and deliver complex cross-domain solutions encompassing a rich variety of technologies and using a mixture of agile and planned methods to provide innovative solutions to address clients’ needs
- Work with internal teams client technical teams, client executives, and partners to manage and deliver successful solutions during implementation stage
- Participate in or to drive deep architectural discussions to build trust and rapport with clients during implementation stage
- Be a trusted technical advisor to external Banks and Vendors and project members to solve complex technical challenges, and establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within client organization
The ideal candidate should possess strong technical knowledge in software architecture, have breadth across technology stacks with deep hands on skills, and passionate about working with customers to help build applications at scale.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience required; Computer Science background desired
- 10+ years design & implementation experience on complex, large scale distributed applications
- Systems design experience, with the ability to architect or explain complex systems interactions including data flows, common interfaces, APIs and other methods
- Broad architecture skills, covering application, infrastructure, data and integration
- Sound understanding and experience of contemporary paradigms, such as Cloud, DevOps and Agile
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience in client service role would be advantageous
Qualifications (for Manager or above)
- Effective project management, communication, and stakeholder management skills with the ability to work well with a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team and customer base
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives and IT Management
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, create technical definition around customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate & mobilize resources, and deliver results
- Experience / Knowledge on Enterprise Architecture methodology such as TOGAF is a plus (but not mandatory)
- Microservices, Event Driven, or other Cloud Native experience
- Working knowledge of container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker), services, and API models (e.g. Swagger, OpenAPI)
- Hands-on experience with different storage solutions (e.g. SQL database(s), NoSQL such as MongoDB, Hadoop, Redis, etc.)
- Experience with scalable networking technologies (e.g. Load Balancers, Firewalls) and web standards (e.g. REST APIs, web security mechanisms)
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills (for Manager or above)
About SC Ventures
SC Ventures, part of Standard Chartered Bank (the “Bank”), is the platform and catalyst for innovation, investments in disruptive financial technology and exploration of alternative business models.
- Our eXellerator enables us to facilitate innovation and culture change within the Bank and with our ecosystem partners; to change the way the Bank serves clients.
- Our innovation investment fund enables our investment in validated fintech to develop future tech capabilities; integrating technology and capabilities into the Bank and ventures to drive speed and scale.
- Our venture building stream explores new business models, with the objective of providing ‘optionality’ for the Group in the way it engages existing and new customers and markets.
Across our workstreams, we are building ecosystems around high conviction themes, the building blocks of financial system of the future; including Digital Banking & Lifestyle platforms; E-commerce, Online economy & Payments; SMEs, World Trade & Supply Chains; Digital Assets & Tokenization; Capability as a service; and Sustainability & Inclusion.
We are a global team of “Members” (excluding individual ventures), including dedicated colleagues from the Group’s support functions, based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nairobi, London and San Francisco.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.