Job Requisition ID: 139806
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
The Online Merchandiser supports and assists the Sr. Online Merchandiser across trading and merchandising, product content and online promotional activities across multiple categories for the Watsons website.
The job holder will also be accountable for generating an augmented customer experience, developing and executing the Watsons brand image (DNA) into the market and provide a unique digital consumer experience.
What you will do
- Drive Financial Targets
- Merchandising and Trading of e-Store, maximising cross & up selling, conversion, and revenue, while managing stock levels for the website. Contribute new ideas to drive sales and conversion.
- Responsible for daily/weekly management of products going live ensuring 100% accuracy of product content and assets. Identify slow performers and apply corrective measures.
- Assist the Head of department to deliver the weekly, monthly reporting/analysis, highlighting opportunities and risks
- Assist the Head of department to execute the Marketing and Promotional Plan, Emails, Social Media and Homepage content.
- Weekly/monthly competitor/market analysis highlighting opportunities and risks
- Building strong relationship with internal teams. Excellent communicator within internal team to support correct timely execution
Required skills to be successful
- Good planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong/excellent attention to detail
- Results-orientated, with the ability to drive and deliver the implementation of new ideas
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office
- A high level of customer focus and the ability to understand customers’ needs
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with experience in producing trade reports and analysis
- Ability to learn new technology quickly
What equips you for the role
- 2+ years’ experience in a relevant Merchandising role preferably within a multi-channel retailer or pure ecommerce only retailers
- Excellent Site Merchandising Skills
- Experience of handling negotiations and being able to build strong relations across key stakeholders
- 2 – 4 years of experience in similar position in an Online Merchandiser role, preferably in Health & Beauty
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…
About Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles. Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the automotive, finance, retail, and real estate industries, and we are now 42,000 people strong.