Job Number 22124260
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Ensure safety, cleanliness and organization of the uniforms and the uniform room. Audit and maintain uniform count. To obtained the highest possible and balanced Brand Standard audit certification and departmental productivity.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports – 0
- Titles of Direct Reports – N/A
- Having an experience in similar position for at least 12 months with a great interpersonal skills and good level of physical fitness.
- Linen room experience preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Able to do shift work and work under pressure at times
- Basic Tailor skills
- Visual Acuity
Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Gathers and count all uniforms from the soiled linen room counter and send to the outsource laundry company
- Checks to make sure that no uniform handed in is damaged
- To check that the uniforms when returned back from the outsource laundry company are up to the hotel standard
- Checking and placing of all uniforms in their proper uniform bags
- Maintaining the cleanliness of work area
- Operating Uniform Room system like tagging, assigning and terminating uniforms
- Arranging and organizing all extra uniforms
- Fills in the correct paper work
- Make sure that there is sufficient supply of uniforms in stock for the new starters
- To carry out any small repair work to the uniforms
- To carry out inventory count of all uniforms and daily updating of clean received uniforms from outsourced laundry.
- Receiving, sending of all F&B and Rooms linens aligned with procedures being implemented.
- Receiving of new order /delivery of housekeeping room linens.
- Liaising with outsourced laundry ensuring that all linen was received correctly and rectifying discrepancies found.
- Monitoring/replenishing of linens in floors .Collecting rejects, stained linens.
- Recording of discarded linens, maintaining and arranging linen stores, and coordinating with outsource staff in linen chute operation.
- To be aware of health and Safety regulations.
- Any other relevant tasks.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to associate questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt service.
- Address associates’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every associate with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the associate’s name when possible.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to associates and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to push and pull work-related machinery over sloping and uneven surfaces.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move at a speed that is required to respond to work situations (e.g., run, walk, jog).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects)
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.