Job Number 22123813
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
To organize all hotel events with a seamless turnover from sales to operations back to sales. Assure to provide all customers with a consistent, intuitive and high-level of service according to the Marriott event standards throughout the pre-event, event and post-event phases. Planning and handling events to include Pop-Up events (event requests within 7 working days), internal events and event turnovers from sales up to 800 guests and 800 rooms.
College degree preferred
Previous similar position in the event department of a large-scale hotel
Skills and Knowledge
Understand group and catering positioning of the hotel
Knowledge of menu and food presentation
Attention to details
Confident and quick learner
Problem solving skills
Organization skills of multiple events at the same time
Ability to handle complex events including 3rd party vendors
Familiar handling events including a large quantity of sleeping rooms
Knowledge of possible capacities and catering styles of the hotel
Understanding of how the different departments within the hotel are linked to each other
Effective communication skills and professional use of English language
Distribute information in a concise, well-organized and detailed manner
Manages guest conflict situations effectively
Remains calm and professional in stressful situations
Excellent time management skills and is able to prioritize work effectively
Ability to individually work on projects next to the handling of events
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- As an expert being able to collaborate with a customer and craft individual events.
- Taking care of a smooth transition from sales to events planning.
- Handle groups & events contracted by the Sales team ranging from 1 room per night/ 1 pax to 800 rooms per night/ 800pax
- Focus on future planning potential problems and/or conflicts from a service/planning point of view and solutions towards them to improve guest satisfaction and planning efficiency.
- Being proactive in offering solutions.
- Accurately forecasting all the events (bedrooms and/or catering).
- Creating Banquet Event Orders & Group Resumes.
- Guidance and support throughout the event.
- Being knowledgeable about product and services.
- Handle the billing process by preparing invoices, having bill reviews with the guest and finalizing the invoices by ensuring billing accuracy.
- Takes total ownership and responsibility for the successful planning & coordination of groups & events assigned.
- Continuous communication with the operational team.
- Working effectively with third party vendors.
- Organizing & planning the group rooms side of the event.
- Working in coordination with assigned Group housing partner to ensure rooming list & room instructions have been updated accurately.
- Guiding the client throughout the event as the expert partner for the guest by being a consultant
- Attend & run the daily service communication tool; BEO meeting.
- Up-sell last minute items to ensure profitability.
- Conduct pre- and post-conference meetings in line with Marriott standards.
- Show around in connection with in-house functions.
- Coordinate all activities involving the pre- and post-event process.
- Communicate challenging situations accurately to responsible departments.
- Handle guest complaints in a professional manner and come up with solutions.
- Leading assigned the team members.
- Developing, supporting, training and coaching other team members.
- Providing constructive feedback
- Responsibility of working on individual projects besides the organization of events.
- Following department timelines for actualization, BEO & Group resume distribution, rostering, forecasting, etc.
- Rewarding Bonvoy points in a timely manner after checking the required criteria mentioned on the Job Aid for posting points.
- Working honestly, ethically & with integrity
This list is meant to be representative of the common responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not exhaustive. Management reserves the right to revise this job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Working with Others
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/director.
- Ensure working area is kept clean and tidy and free of health & safety hazards.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.