Job Number 22108657
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Le Méridien Al Aqah Beach Resort, Dibba Road, Fujairah, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods. Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers. Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently. Monitor food quality while preparing food. Set-up and break down work station. Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles. Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program compliance (e.g., A1, A2, A3 etc.).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as Dubai Municipality standards.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management.
- Follow instructions given by your PIC (Person in Charge)
- Do in practice what you have learned in training.
Kitchen Tools & Equipment
- Use kitchen tools safely and appropriately, including using appropriate tools to open cartons, boxes, and cans; keeping knives sharpened; using proper knife handling procedures; using correct knives for particular food item or specific task; using dry pads when moving hot material; and engaging all appropriate safety devices prior to operating equipment.
- Use measuring tools (for example, scale, measuring cups, measuring spoons) to precisely measure ingredients and portion sizes.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist, establishing priority items.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food before use.
- Wash and peel (if required) fresh fruits and vegetables to prepare them for cooking or consumption.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food and throughout the day utilizing the HACCP forms and production charts.
- Prepare cold foods, including preparing salads, cold sandwiches, condiments, and dressings.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.